G. Brint Ryan Endowed Chair in Accounting
Company: University of North Texas
Posted on: May 16, 2022
G. Brint Ryan Endowed Chair in Accounting
The Department of Accounting at the University of North Texas
Brint Ryan College of Business invites applications for the G.
Brint Ryan Endowed Chair in Behavioral
The appointee is expected to have an internationally recognized
record of research and scholarship in the area of behavioral
experimental accounting, as evidenced by publications in
accounting journals, citations, established research networks,
presentations at national and international conferences.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Conduct and collaborate on high-quality research leading to
publications in top-tier journals.
- Develop and teach courses at the undergraduate and/or
(master's and doctoral) levels that match the appointee's areas
expertise with the department's areas of need.
- Serve as a faculty role model who encourages, mentors, and
collaborates with colleagues and students.
- Participate in conferences and workshops to maintain
in research and the classroom.
- Engage in service activities within the university and the
- Provide thought leadership and share insights through
engagement with diverse groups including faculty, students,
industry professionals, and other external stakeholders.
- A doctorate in accounting or a closely related field from
- Status as academically qualified, under both SACS and AACSB
standards, to teach at both the undergraduate and graduate
- A distinguished record of research, teaching, and service
- Willingness and ability to mentor doctoral students in
- Record of leadership in accounting teaching and
- Evidence of collaborative research and publications with
- Record of editorial positions in leading accounting
- Demonstrated ability to chair dissertations and place
- Demonstrated leadership in mentoring and working
- Involvement with major professional organizations in the
- Ability to work collaboratively with external organizations
UNT and the G. Brint Ryan College of
The University of North Texas is a Carnegie R1 national
institution located in the vibrant and rapidly expanding
Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area and is situated near the
International Airport. UNT is the only university system based
exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region, where we
committed to transforming lives and creating economic
through education. UNT enrollment is over 44,000 students with
than 6,500 graduate students. The G. Brint Ryan College of
is accredited by AACSB International. Please visit our website
() to learn
more about the G. Brint Ryan College of Business and the
UNT's Department of Accounting
The mission of the Department of Accounting is to advance the
knowledge and ethical practice of accounting and promote
professional, and personal skills to a diverse student body to
excel in a technology-dependent global economy. We offer a full
range of academic degree programs including a Bachelor of
Accounting (BBA), a professional 150-hour program (BS/MS) in
Accounting or Taxation, and a Ph.D. in Accounting. Our faculty
exhibit expertise in a host of accounting disciplines and the
department is separately accredited by the AACSB and endorsed
the Institute of Internal Auditors and the Institute of
The Department of Accounting is recognized nationally for its
research, climbing to 24th overall in the for accounting research
accounting and 1st and 17th within the fields of AIS and
experimental accounting research, respectively.
Please visit our website for more information: .
Inquiries and Application
Applications must include a: (1) cover letter that addresses
you meet the qualifications; (2) CV; (3) evidence of excellence
teaching/teaching evaluations; and (4) a list of three
with contact information.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to go to to
get more information and/or apply. All applications must be
submitted electronically, through the UNT online system.
may be directed to our Search Committee Chair, Govind Iyer
().The Chronicle of Higher Education. Category: , Keywords:
Keywords: University of North Texas, Denton , G. Brint Ryan Endowed Chair in Accounting, Accounting, Auditing , Denton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!