Information/Cyber Security Risk Analyst Lead (Hybrid)
Posted on: July 28, 2022
Purpose of Job The Information/Cyber Security Risk Analyst Lead
is responsible for secure the operation of the services that fall
under the umbrella of Cyber Infrastructure. The applicant should be
technical, should possess an advanced understanding across a broad
range of security technologies, and take a proactive approach to
defending against cyber incidents.
The individual in this role will work with the team to continually
improve the security posture of the USAA network systems to
Locate and extract data from a variety of sources for use in
analysis, models and reporting
Develop, maintain, and manage advanced reporting, analytics
dashboards and other BI solutions to drive data insights
Proactively explore new and innovative visual approaches and
techniques for data storytelling
Perform ad-hoc analysis and report results/metrics to leadership
Recommend tools, processes, and methodologies that support global
This position is available as Hybrid in Plano TX, San Antonio TX,
Provides risk management support for a line of business or staff
agency in key risk identification, measurement, monitoring, control
and reporting, and the understanding and management of risk through
appropriate practices and processes. Assess and oversee enterprise
and business exposures including key and emerging risks. Monitors
the risk and control environment and provides effective challenge
to internal and external stakeholders to ensure that exposures are
kept at acceptable levels. Escalates and reports risks to the
appropriate governance bodies. Leads and executes complex
initiatives and cross functional teams within the Chief Risk Office
and across the Enterprise that drive problem resolution. Leverages
broad enterprise knowledge and/or expert knowledge of core business
discipline(s), products and processes. Job Requirements About USAA
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
- Identifies and seeks key stakeholders across the enterprise to
support the identification, assessment, aggregation and the overall
management of risks and controls.
- Presents findings and recommendations to various levels of
- Routinely communicates results of risk assessments to
governance committees, business process owners and various levels
of leadership and influences decision making.
- Develops process and procedures for successful implementation
of new risk policies, practices, appetites and solutions to ensure
holistic understanding and management of risks according to
industry best practice.
- Develops strategies, tools, and methodologies to measure,
monitor, and report risks.
- Applies expert knowledge to utilize or produce analytical
material for discussions with cross functional teams to understand
business objectives and influence solution strategies.
- Leads, assembles and facilitates cross-functional teams to
identify, assess, aggregate and mitigate current and emerging risk
- Serves as the point of contact for senior risk leadership on
projects and special management requests that often impact the
enterprise or core operating area.
- Formulates and reviews stress test plans for a line of business
or the enterprise.
- Evaluates results, and frames contingency plans in partnership
with key business stakeholders.
- Crafts key communications to be delivered to executives and
board members. Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance, or a
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum
required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 8 years of risk management, regulatory or operations experience
in a relevant functional area to include banking, insurance,
financial services, audit, project management, public accounting or
other related operational area; Or advanced degree/designation in
Risk Management, Business, Finance, or other discipline relevant to
risk management and 6 years of work experience in a discipline
relevant to risk management.
- Advanced risk management experience in a complex institution
and/or highly matrixed environment related to banking, insurance
and/or financial services.
- Demonstrated experience in conflict resolution management and
ability to effectively challenge at all levels of management and
influence business outcomes.
- Experience leading and directing work with both internal and
external partners in a highly collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and knowledge of data analysis
tools and techniques and decision-making abilities, to include
demonstrated ability to effectively make data-driven
- Proactively identifies potential concerns and follows-up to
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel
and PowerPoint. Preferred Experience:
- 4-6 or more years of experience at a large financial
institution executing an enterprise-wide operational risk
management program that adheres to regulatory requirements and
- Deep business acumen in the areas of operational risk, bank and
insurance operations, industry practices and emerging trends
- In-depth knowledge of cyber security, information security
(knowledge in most domains), fraud risk management, data risk
- Proven ability to effectively assess process, risk and
controls, identify emerging risks and issues, analyze large bodies
of risk data, and communicate results in a concise and
comprehensive manner to multiple stakeholders across the
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- CISSP, CISM, and or CRISC or related information security or
risk certifications Compensation: USAA has an effective process for
assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The salary range for this position
is: $117,600- $211,700 (this does not include geographic
differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall
corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the
USAA Board of Directors. Geographical Differential: Geographic pay
differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees
working in locations where market pay levels are above the national
average. Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual basis
for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core
hours. Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits
to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These
benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans,
401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption
assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid
volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education assists employees
with their professional goals. Please click on the link below for
more details. USAA Total Rewards Relocation assistance is not
available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Denton , Information/Cyber Security Risk Analyst Lead (Hybrid), Accounting, Auditing , Denton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!