Sr. Manager BI & Reporting
Posted on: September 9, 2020
OverviewSally Beauty Holdings (NYSE: SBH) is the world's largest
wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies located in
Denton Texas. A business built with a purpose to provide our
customers with access to high-quality professional beauty products
and exceptional customer service.
The Sr. Manager BI & Reporting will lead a team of analysts
enabling the strategic vision and managing the day-to-day tactical
operations of the BI team on delivering insights for Sally Beauty
and Cosmoprof. This role will partner with IT, marketing,
e-commerce, merchandize and finance teams to provide faster, more
accurate, and deeper insights into our products and services. We
are looking for a leader to provide long term vision and
architectural oversight, and ensure that our business teams have
the strategic data they need to help the company to continue to
"At Sally Beauty Holdings, we find beauty in diversity. Our
inclusivity and self-expression are what fuel our innovation and
growth. You are welcome here, and you can thrive here. We find
beauty in YOU. Join us."Responsibilities
- Identifies inefficient business processes and drives
improvements to maximize efficiency.
- Monitors BI system to ensure proper performance and data
integrity; identifies issues and works closely with the technical
support team to provide appropriate solutions.
- Supports and maintains the BI architecture by understanding the
interaction of business processes with data entities/elements and
ensures the integrity of the BI system.
- Participates as a member of key cross-functional working groups
related to data quality, metadata, and the Company's Data
Governance representing the data domain.
- Determines official sources of data in scope.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information
- Identifies need for changes in metadata within domain.
Implement changes to business definitions.
- Collaborates and participates in strategic direction across
enterprise with other data and analytical leaders.
- Ensures teams maintain understanding of business processes,
supporting data and applications and strategy direction.
- Directs quality work efforts, team assignments and problem
- Applies industry best practices and leverage in house resources
- Subject matter expert in consulting and advising business
partners on decision support solutions.
- Advises management on utilization of decision support solutions
to inform business decisions.
- Serves as a liaison between the business and IT teams
- Complies with all organizational and departmental policies and
- MS degree in Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science,
Operations Research, Business Analytics, Information Systems or
- 7+ years of professional experience in business analysis or
comparable analytics position
- Experience in designing and implementing custom reporting
systems by managing or guiding technical teams
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and ETL jobs
- Experience applying visualization tools such as Tableau, Power
- Experience managing and leading a business intelligence
- Experience conducting large scale data analysis to support
business decision making
- Advanced understanding and experience working with data
warehousing, data quality
- An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and
We offer a competitive salary and outstanding benefits package that
includes medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, paid vacation and
sick days, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and 401(k) with
company match. In addition, associates of Sally Beauty may take
advantage of our in house salon with complimentary services, an
onsite Sally Beauty Store with 30% merchandise discount, an onsite
CosmoProf store with a 20% merchandise discount and a gourmet
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, or disability.
Keywords: CosmoProf, Denton , Sr. Manager BI & Reporting, Advertising , Denton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!