Advance Design Engineer-Vehicle Definition Job
Company: Paccar Winch Inc.
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Advance Design Engineer-Vehicle Definition Job Apply now Date:
Nov 11, 2021 Location: Denton, TX, US, 76205-7864 Company: PACCAR
Company Information PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in
1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial
vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with
internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and
DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design,
manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium-
and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF
nameplates. PACCAR designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines
and also provides customized financial services, information
technology and truck parts related to its principal
business.Whether you want to design the transportation technology
of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic,
international leader, or build our excellent products and services
you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get
started!Peterbilt Motors CompanyOn highways, construction sites,
city streets, logging roads - everywhere our customers earn their
living - Peterbilt's red oval is a familiar symbol of performance,
reliability and pride. Peterbilt has reigned as America's premium
quality truck manufacturer since the company's founding in 1939.
Our dedication to deliver products and services focused on
improving customers' performance, image, profitability and peace of
mind truly makes Peterbilt the Class of the Industry.Requisition
Summary Do you want to help shape the future of Peterbilt? The
Advance Design team has the opportunity for you. We are looking for
an Engineer with interest in supporting innovative design
development. Duties involve interface with the Advance Styling &
Surfacing team, Product Planning, Marketing & Sales, and Management
to evaluate customer requirements and definition of vehicle level
targets that support launching the next generation of industry
leading trucks. Scope of work includes working on new development
programs, research proposals for potential new product designs and
employing innovative skills to mature ideas for concept
development. This is an opportunity for you to use your
communication skills and vehicle knowledge to coordinate definition
of the next Major Programs at Peterbilt/PACCAR. The scope of work
involves translating the voice of our customers into design
requirements through Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) tools and a
Product Description Book (PDB) that defines what Engineering will
deliver for a program. Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Participate in the definition of major engineering
- Initial packaging/space claim studies of Class-5/6/7/8 truck
- Facilitate program definition activities with Kenworth and DAF
Vehicle Integration teams to deliver common, cost-efficient
- Coordinate with Product Planning, Manufacturing & After Sales
to align major program book of wishes and identify all customer
requirements which cascade into design requirements.
- Coordinate Vehicle Property Owners (VPO) to set project vehicle
performance targets. Job Functions / Responsibilities Continued
- Provide timely definition of design requirements by completing
major program Product Description Books (PDB), establishing project
scope, vehicle requirements and performance targets.
- Coordinate with Marketing to identify new option codes required
- Support and provide feedback during Technical, Concept, Design
and Packaging Reviews as needed.
- Support the Division yearly & supplemental capital budget
schedule with Product Planning by defining project expense, capital
investment, staffing estimates and validation expense for future
- Completion of six sigma documentation in assigned phases of
project. Qualifications / Skills
- Strong organizational and documentation skills with the ability
to prioritize work effectively.
- Requires a proactive approach to reconciling issues and
reaching early resolution and consensus.
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple tasks, ability to learn
on the fly, and adapt to change.
- Strong Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PCMS, OPS,
and COPICS required.
- Strong product knowledge of PACCAR vehicles.
- 3+ years of vehicle experience required, 5+ years
- Knowledge of and/or experience in heavy truck components and
systems is required. Qualifications / Skills Continued
- Thorough knowledge and experience with CREO / CREO View /
- Experience with PACCAR PCP/Tollgate system required.
- Knowledge in the use of Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) tools.
- Interdivisional program coordination including interfacing with
DAF, Kenworth, and PTC.
- Act in a professional manner in all contacts with external and
- Demonstrate professional and successful communication skills
(verbal/written) with strong, effective interpersonal abilities.
Education Engineering Bachelors degree required. Competencies Act
with IntegrityDemonstrate AdaptabilityDrive for ResultsInfluence
OthersLead Innovation and Quality InitiativesTechnical AcumenUse
Sound Judgment / Business AcumenAdditional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veteran/Disability corporation. Peterbilt promotes Diversity and
Inclusion through mentorship, events, and affinity support groups
The Diversity Council, Peterbilt Womens Initiative (PBWin),
Veterans Group, Peterbilt Black Organization for Leadership and
Development (B.O.L.D) and ADVOCATE (An LGBTQ support group). Why
work for PACCAR/Peterbilt?
- Competitive salary, 401k with a 5% match, AND a company paid
Pension Plan after 5 years of service.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans for you and your
- Comprehensive Paid Time Off Vacation, Paid Holidays, and Sick
- Tuition Reimbursement for continued education eligible after 1
year of service.
- Global Fortune 500 company with a wide array of growth and
- Work alongside experienced goal-oriented colleagues recognized
as experts in their fields.
Keywords: Paccar Winch Inc., Denton , Advance Design Engineer-Vehicle Definition Job, Engineering , Denton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!