Senior Network Engineer
Company: Frontier Communication
Posted on: January 15, 2022
This position is responsible for researching, designing, and
testing access technologies and equipment across a wide variety of
network vendors and applications. A successful candidate should
have a deep understanding of Service Provider-related technologies
such as: PON and DSL access technologies, Routing Protocols and
technologies, TCP/IP and Multicast. He or she should also have a
good understanding of common business/financial drivers and be
capable of considering those impacts when developing strategies.
The ability to be self-driven and multi-task several complex
projects are also key attributes for a successful candidate. Key
- New hires must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their
start date with the company (or have been granted a religious or
medical exemption accommodation.
Supporting the configuration, implementation, administration and
efficiency of Frontier IP, Access and Video Networks.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software
and other network or system issues related to the network.
- Creating Method of Procedures for configuring, testing or
otherwise modifying network elements, solutions or
- Developing documentation for testing, troubleshooting or
administrating network devices or network architectures.
- Developing test plans for evaluating new technologies or
- Working with Network Operations teams to aid in troubleshooting
efforts or supporting long-running network projects. Required
- A Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years industry experience at a Service Provider
or similar environment.
- Experience and proven understanding of Access technologies (PON
and DSL), IP networking, routing protocols, client-server
application architectures and network hardware.
- Experience creating financial models, business cases, and
presentations based on complex network designs.
- Deep knowledge and demonstrated expertise in many of the
following protocols and technologies: Ethernet, TCP/IP, OSPF/IS-IS,
BGP, MPLS (LDP/RSVP), High Availability (VRRP/HSRP/GLBP), Multicast
(PIM/IGMP), QoS, SSL, VOIP.
- Strong technical, analytical, and organizational skills
associated with planning, design and implementation of complicated
service provider architectures and applications.
- Strong written and interpersonal skills and the ability to
communicate complex topics in both written and verbal form.
- Understanding of large-scale network capacity management and
- Strong large-scale network troubleshooting skills. Desired
- Experience with U-Verse, Frontier FiberOptic TV, or other
triple-play architectures including the associated underlying
access, Ethernet, and/or transport network infrastructures.
- Experience with large-scale service access networks and/or core
- Strong knowledge of service provider routing and/or transport
architectures, including knowledge of commonly used network
hardware vendors (Juniper, Cisco, Nokia, Adtran, Calix, Coriant,
- Software development and/or scripting experience. Associated
topics: 5g, avaya, cable technician, electrical, frequency,
hardware, repair, scada, system analyst, wireless
Keywords: Frontier Communication, Denton , Senior Network Engineer, Engineering , Denton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!