Advanced Manufacturing Engineer - Alternative Powertrains
Company: Paccar Inc
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Company Information PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established
in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the
commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with
internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and
DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design,
manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium-
and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF
nameplates. PACCAR designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines
and -also provides customized financial services, information
technology and truck parts related to its principal business. -
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of
tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international
leader, or build our excellent products and services - you can
develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started! - Peterbilt
Motors Company On highways, construction sites, city streets,
logging roads - everywhere our customers earn their living -
Peterbilt's red oval is a familiar symbol of performance,
reliability and pride. -Peterbilt has reigned as America's premium
quality truck manufacturer since the company's founding in 1939.
Our dedication to deliver products and services focused on
improving customers' performance, image, profitability and peace of
mind truly makes Peterbilt the Class of the Industry. - Requisition
Summary This position reports to the Advanced Manufacturing
Department within Peterbilt Motors Company. This position is
directly responsible for the activities related to manufacturing
preparation for building Zero Emissions Vehicles including Battery
Electric Vehicles (BEV). Job Functions / Responsibilities The job
duties will include the following:
- Lead activities associated with identifying PACCAR factory
requirements for BEV. This includes but is not limited to budget
requirements, brick and mortar changes, validation equipment,
training, logistics packaging, product flow, and infrastructure
- Provide manufacturing input in electric vehicle design
development and launch process. This includes but is not limited to
the assembly process, manufacturing standards, safety standards,
logistics, software development, and vehicle system
- Support technical, concept, and design reviews with the
appropriate manufacturing slide templates.
- Obtain knowledge of all truck software deployed in production
related to electric vehicles, programming, and diagnostic
- Develop requirement specifications for truck functions required
for in factory settings.
- Communicate pertinent information with PACCAR impacted
factories. Coordinate plant input and feedback.
- Provide build support during pilot build activities at
suppliers and truck factories.
- Track and report critical metrics (readiness, defects,
- Document issues in PLR systems and escalate critical
- Review drawings for manufacturing using the Windchill
- Design, validate, and implement logistics solutions for new
- Travel will be required. Qualifications / Skills The successful
candidate will have five or more years of engineering experience,
preferably with one to three years of manufacturing/industrial
engineering or design for manufacturability experience. A highly
motivated self-starter with a proven track record leading
successful projects. Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and
communication skills are required.
- Having a background with the following is a plus:
- Strong PACCAR manufacturing experience
- Strong heavy equipment manufacturing experience
- Thorough knowledge of PACCAR products and the PCP Tollgate
- Experience with Microsoft office products.
- Experience with Creo and Windchill
- Project Management
- Six Sigma Certified Belt Competencies Act with
IntegrityDemonstrate AdaptabilityDrive for ResultsInfluence
OthersLead Innovation and Quality InitiativesManage ExecutionUse
Sound Judgment / Business AcumenEducation A Bachelor's Degree in
Engineering is required from an ABET-accredited university; degrees
in Manufacturing, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering are
preferred. Benefts Why work for PACCAR/Peterbilt?
- Competitive salary, 401k with a 5% match, AND a company-paid
Pension Plan after 5 years of service.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans for you and your
- Comprehensive Paid Time Off - Vacation, Paid Holidays, and Sick
- Tuition Reimbursement for continued education - eligible after
1 year of service.
- Global Fortune 500 -company with a wide array of growth and
- Work alongside experienced goal-oriented colleagues recognized
as experts in their fields. PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability corporation. -Peterbilt
promotes Diversity and Inclusion through mentorship, events, and
affinity support groups - The Diversity Council, Peterbilt Women's
Initiative (PBWin), Veterans Group, Peterbilt Black Organization
for Leadership and Development (B.O.L.D), and ADVOCATE (An LGBTQ
Keywords: Paccar Inc, Denton , Advanced Manufacturing Engineer - Alternative Powertrains, Engineering , Denton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!