Engineering Supervisor- Battery Electric Vehicle Job
Company: Paccar Winch Inc.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Engineering Supervisor- Battery Electric Vehicle Job Apply now
Date: Nov 3, 2022 Location: Denton, TX, US, 76205-7864 Company:
PACCAR Company Information PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company
established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in
the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with
internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and
DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design,
manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and
heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates
and also provides customized financial services, information
technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of
tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international
leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can
develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started! Peterbilt
Motors CompanyOn highways, construction sites, city streets,
logging roads - everywhere our customers earn their living -
Peterbilt's red oval is a familiar symbol of performance,
reliability and pride. Peterbilt has reigned as America's premium
quality truck manufacturer since the company's founding in 1939.
Our dedication to deliver products and services focused on
improving customers' performance, image, profitability and peace of
mind truly makes Peterbilt the Class of the Industry. This position
is based at Peterbilts Engineering Administration Building next to
our Manufacturing Plant in Denton, Texas, where we have been
headquartered since 1980. In Denton, we have manufactured,
supported, and distributed over 1 million trucks. Our employees
take great pride in our products. We are recognized as a premier
employer and valued partner in the local community. Requisition
Summary The Supervisor will manage chassis design and development
to satisfy current and future requirements. Will manage, direct,
and evaluate the work of assigned personnel. Will implement designs
into production. Will develop and implement continuous
improvements. This position will be responsible for the activities
related to implementing BEV chassis components into the 2.1m medium
duty vehicle. Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Supervise all work produced by Team Members to ensure it is
error free and up to design standards.
- Provides appropriate feedback and guidance to Team Members to
help them improve their performance.
- Design or direct the design of components/systems.
- Design-to-cost and deliver within schedule.
- Act in a professional manner with all external and internal
- Take concepts from design to production implementation.
- Prepare engineering activity status reports and other detailed
reporting as directed.
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple tasks
- Demonstrate professional and successful communication skills
(verbal/written) with strong, effective interpersonal
- Must be able to identify, prioritize, and coordinate resolution
of production, production control, and quality assurance issues as
appropriate by directing the work activities of assigned
- Requires a proactive approach to defining issues and reaching
early resolution and consensus.
- Minimal Travel required. Skills / Competencies
- Supervisory or managerial experience is required
- Thorough knowledge and experience with Creo / Windchill
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Experience creating bills of materials for the introduction of
new designs required
- Experience coordinating prototyping of parts required
- Experience specifying testing and evaluation of results
- Experience coordinating supplier activities required
- Experience directing production pilot activities required
- Design for Six Sigma Training and Experience required
- Peterbilt PCP Tollgate product development experience
- Outstanding organizational, planning and tracking skills
- Creative approach to identifying solutions and problem solving
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing
- 7+ years of experience in an industry related role desired
- Masters degree in Engineering or Business desired
- Professional Engineering License desired
- Six Sigma Black Belt desired. Additional Job Information PACCAR
is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability
corporation. Peterbilt promotes Diversity and Inclusion through
mentorship, events, and affinity support groups The Diversity
Council, Peterbilt Womens Initiative (PBWin), Veterans Group,
Peterbilt Black Organization for Leadership and Development
(B.O.L.D) and ADVOCATE (An LGBTQ support group). Why work for
- Competitive salary, 401k with a 5% match, AND a company paid
Pension Plan after 5 years of service.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans for you and your
- Comprehensive Paid Time Off Vacation, Paid Holidays, and Sick
- Tuition Reimbursement for continued education eligible after 1
year of service.
- Global Fortune 500 company with a wide array of growth and
- Work alongside experienced goal-oriented colleagues recognized
as experts in their fields.
Keywords: Paccar Winch Inc., Denton , Engineering Supervisor- Battery Electric Vehicle Job, Engineering , Denton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!