Payroll Business Manager
Company: Sally Beauty Holdings
Posted on: March 26, 2020
OverviewSally Beauty Holdings (NYSE: SBH) is the world's largest
wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies. Our world
headquarters is conveniently located in Denton Texas, just 5
minutes north of Lake Lewisville off of I35E. We currently have an
opening for a Payroll Business manager.
This is an experienced Payroll Manager with a strong foundation in
payroll tax, analytics and accounting. The Manager is responsible
for a high volume, fast paced setting in handling the back end of
payroll processing (tax, analysis, accounting and expense
reimbursements) including 4 strong and developing leaders. The
Manager needs to be detailed oriented with a sense of urgency while
being able to multi-task and working in a changing
- Partner with internal and external auditors regarding payroll
- Reporting, auditing, and performing compliance duties,
including reviewing discrepancy reports between the systems to
identify and resolve issues immediately and maintenance of sound
- Oversee and review reconciliations of payroll and other
accounts as required and all GL activities related to net pay,
accrued payroll, payroll taxes and employee benefits
- Establish SLAs and KPIs to measure, monitor and manage Payroll
functions services to the Operating companies
- Build and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for
payroll processes including SOX controls
- Manage payroll tax service providers filing processes for
federal, state and local returns and deposits in compliance with
- Research and compliance with any new state and local tax filing
and withholding requirements for new jurisdictions.
- Oversee calendar year-end close.
- Manage 3 party vendors
- Provide leadership and direction to the team.
- Responsible for recruitment, development and
- Work with Financial Business Partners and HR Managers to create
solutions which resolve any resulting audit and/or compliance
- Partner effectively with HR, IT, Accounting and other functions
to ensure appropriate flow of data for reporting and ensure proper
calculation and payments.
- Provides acquisition due diligence and integration
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree or 7 years of payroll experience
- Oracle HCM Cloud experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, professional and persuasive
communication, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to thrive and be motivated by a fast-paced team
environment; practicing sound judgment, adaptability, problem
- Strong initiative and self-starting disposition.
- Strong knowledge of federal, state and local payroll tax
- Experience with accounting and financial reporting.
- Strong knowledge of legal regulations surrounding payroll in
the United States (including Puerto Rico) and Canada.
- Proven ability to handle confidential and sensitive data
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office Applications).
- Must be organized, analytical, detail-oriented and
- Must have a strong teamwork orientation, as well as solid
written / verbal communication skills.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to work with all levels of staff and
- Must be able to work flexible hours, which may include late
nights or on occasion weekend hours to complete required payroll
- Ability to sit for multiple hours at a time and to work
multiple hours a day at a computer keyboard.
- Ability to remain alert and focused throughout the
- Forward-thinking and creative, with the confidence to present
and advocate for the implementation of ideas.
- All other related and/or additional responsibilities that may
be required or assigned.
- Payroll Certification (FPC or CPP) preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Substantial knowledge of payroll requirements including payroll
taxes, benefits, garnishments, disability and other self directed
- Team player who is a change agent with the proven ability to
multi-task and meet tight deadlines and the willingness to work
extra hours if needed.
- Strong customer service skills with excellent communication
skills, both written and verbal.
- Payroll system enhancement experience helpful. Ability to
identify, analyze and resolve complex business problems related to
automated systems and operations.
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that
includes medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, paid vacation and
sick days, paid holidays, merchandise discounts, tuition
reimbursement and 401(k) with company match.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, or disability.
Keywords: Sally Beauty Holdings, Denton , Payroll Business Manager, Executive , Denton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!