Terminal Operations Manager
Company: Bay and Bay Transportation
Posted on: April 5, 2021
At Bay and Bay, we believe providing the best people in the
business with meaningful opportunities for professional growth and
success is the key to attract, retain and develop great employees.
Thanks to our great employees, we have provided the best quality
transportation and logistics management services for over 60
Whether you are beginning your career or building on past
experience, you have the opportunity to make a difference as we
grow and expand our business.
To assist with this growth, we are adding a Terminal Operations
Manager in our Denton, TX location.
The position is responsible for managing all facets of the Denton
terminal operation including accountability for cost controls,
maintenance, operations, orientation, safety, and customer service.
This position requires a multitasking leader able to analyze and
direct the changing dynamics of a transportation terminal.
- Lead, develop, mentor and supervise terminal personnel,
including drivers and office staff.
- Responsible for the overall terminal management.
- Active in driver recruiting and retention.
- Maintain and promote terminal safety management and
- Establish and maintain customer relationships to ensure
- Monitor employee performance.
- Onboarding and training of new employees.
- Communicate and enforce company policies, procedures, and rules
- Provide effective leadership to all employees
- Relay clear, concise, and timely information to company HQ in
- BA/BS degree in related field or equivalent work
- 5+ years of transportation / trucking industry experience.
- Prior experience in a similar position managing a trucking
- Proven experience of hiring, training, and developing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Operate efficiently without direct management onsite.
- Ability to work effectively with employees at all levels of the
- Knowledge of the current safety and DOT regulations to promote
safety and compliance.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use
hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and
talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The
employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance
and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally
lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.
Bay & Bay is equal opportunity, affirmative action, and
veteran-friendly employer. We encourage qualified women,
minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to
Keywords: Bay and Bay Transportation, Denton , Terminal Operations Manager, Executive , Denton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!