Director Data Science
Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Posted Date 4 days ago (3/19/2021 4:40 PM) Overview Our Customer
Analytics Department at Sally Beauty Holdings (NYSE: SBH) is
expanding and we're looking for dynamic, driven data scientist to
join our team! We're a collaborative group of creative, data driven
peers that work hard to ensure we're putting relevant products,
promotions and communication in front of our customers and stylist
communities. Do you picture yourself in a fast-paced, energetic
environment? Does advancing analytics, personalization and modeling
fuel your fire? If so, we're looking for someone just like you for
our Director Data Science. The Director Data Science will lead and
advance our data science discipline within the Customer Analytics
organization at SBH. The Director will develop and evolve modeling,
testing, personalization and machine learning capabilities focused
on the customer, digital commerce, marketing and advertising. In
addition, the Director will partner with IT to drive the customer
and marketing data strategy and roadmap. "At Sally Beauty Holdings,
we find beauty in diversity. Our inclusivity and self-expression
are what fuel our innovation and growth.--You are welcome here, and
you can thrive here. We find beauty in YOU. Join us."
- Design, build and implement predictive and prescriptive models
for segmentation, targeting, personalization, offer optimization,
product recommendation and retention.
- Analyze large, complex data sets to reveal underlying patterns,
correlations and trends. Set up and conduct large-scale experiments
to test hypotheses and drive business value.
- Design, build and test personalization engines using advanced
statistical and machine learning techniques. Collaborate with
Marketing and Digital leadership to prove business value.
- Advance modeling and machine learning capabilities leading to
significantly improved insights.
- Develop and lead implementation of the customer data and
AI/ML/DL roadmap. Partner with IT and external vendors to deliver
new initiatives with excellence.
- Identify new and manage existing analytics vendor relationships
- Become a highly trusted advisor and thought leader for data,
analytics techniques and insights.
- Lead, coach, develop, motivate and retain a small team of data
- 10+ years total professional work experience. 7+ years of
experience in data science with an emphasis in CRM, loyalty, web,
mobile, social and digital marketing
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative discipline such as
statistics, engineering, applied math, economics, operations
research, IT, information systems. Master's/PhD degree highly
- Previous analytics experience at an Agency or in Retail
- Experience in leveraging best practices in advanced analytics
(i.e. predictive modeling, artificial intelligence, machine
learning) to drive business outcomes
- High level of proficiency with statistical and database
concepts. Experience with a number of technologies (R, Python, SQL,
AWS, Hive, Hadoop, Spark)
- Knowledge of ad serving tools and multi-touch attribution
- Knowledge of Web Analytics tools (i.e. Google Analytics, Adobe
- Experience with visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI
- Outstanding communication skills with significant experience
working closely with executive leadership
- Experience building & managing a large analytics team, working
cross-functionally, and managing vendor relationships and contracts
Our culture links actions to results with a Can-Do Attitude that
always puts our customers' and stylists' needs first. We work
together, acting as one and holding ourselves accountable to
deliver the best possible results. As innovators in the beauty
industry, we emphasize open communication, always seeking new
approaches and fostering professional growth. We acknowledge that
every team player makes a difference, and it is our shared vision
and positive culture that unites us. Sally Beauty Holdings (NYSE:
SBH) is the world's largest wholesale and retail distributor of
beauty supplies. Our world headquarters is conveniently located in
Denton Texas, just 5 minutes north of Lake Lewisville off of I35E.
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that
includes medical, dental, vision. Life insurance, paid vacation and
sick days, paid holidays, merchandise discounts, tuition
reimbursement, and 401(k) with company match. Qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to their
race, color, religion, national origin, sex, or disability. Sorry
the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please
refresh the page and try again later.
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, Denton , Director Data Science, Executive , Denton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!