Manager Senior, IT Application Development
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Manager Senior, IT
Application Development for our San Antonio, TX OR Plano, TX
facility. This person may also work remotely in a 100% Remote Work
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have
found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both
worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and working from
home when needed to achieve focused deliverables. The actual days
onsite are determined between each employee and the employee 's
Manages teams that are responsible for delivering and/or managing
one or more technical support activities. Authorizes and influences
the development and delivery of technical solutions that enable
optimal business performance. Accountable for technical leadership
in the plan, design, development, testing, implementation, or
maintenance of technical solutions. Leads and directs change
management, process improvement, and technical support initiatives.
Provides direction and analytical support and directs business plan
development to execute initiatives.
The candidate selected for this position will join the Claims
Modernization team, leading fast paced and highly complex
Transformation/Modernization initiatives to replace legacy
systems.Job RequirementsAbout USAAUSAA knows what it means to
serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S.
military members and their families. This singular mission requires
a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.ABOUT USAA ITOur
most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we
don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 12 million
members who rely on us every day.We are over 5,000 employees
strong, -a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on
agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best
Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a
Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity
Magazine. -PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify and manage existing and emerging risks that stem from
business activities and the job role. -
- Ensure risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled. -
- Follow written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
business activities. -
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, testing, and
monitoring an internal control environment, including preventative
and detective controls, to effectively manage risks.
- Builds and oversees a team of employees for assigned technology
support area through ongoing execution of recruiting, development,
retention, coaching and support, performance management, and
- Provides leadership for those involved in the development,
design and optimization of technology support functions supporting
business and/or technical processes.
- Manages the identification, research, and analysis of business,
process, and technology opportunities.
- Informs and tracks metrics for technology support capabilities
and/or processes (KPIs, KRIs, etc.).
- Conducts or oversees technology efforts by applying technical
expertise; promoting adherence to all procedures and policies.
- Partner with key functions to align IT strategy and initiatives
in support of business strategy and goals. -
- Operationalizes documentation standards and quality assurance
methodologies for technology support functions and ensure adherence
to standards by respective team. -
- Manages and forecasts unit level expenses which may include
department allocations, Product/Component, 3rd Party,
project/program, software and vendor expenses.Manages and leverages
the relationship with 3rd Party vendors to ensure achievement of
technology support objectives.
- May be responsible for vendor management activities including
service agreements, staff augmentation and technology
- Role models USAA 's mission, core values, culture and desired
behaviors - including a sound risk culture.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: -
- Bachelor's Degree or 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a
- 6 years of experience in a technology function to include 2
years leadership experience, demonstrated in either a supervisor or
individual contributor role, of IT Professionals in a Software
Development/Engineering or Infrastructure environment.
- Hands on experience actively driving the technology life cycle
from requirements analysis, feasibility estimates, design, code,
configure, documentation, testing, implementation, and
- Experience building or leading multi-disciplined technology
teams using industry best practices -
- Experience coaching and advising team members to help them
accomplish project goals, meet established schedules, and resolve
technical and operational issues.
- Ability to drive a culture of quality and personal
accountability through technology support teams.
- Relevant knowledge in technical domains that reside within
Infrastructure Services, Data or Application Development.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience in translating needs into
- Demonstrated experience explaining complex technology decisions
to both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Understanding of relevant industry frameworks, i.e. COBIT,
ITIL, SAFe, etc. -
- Understanding of Legislative and Regulatory Compliance
Requirements.When you apply for this position, you will be required
to answer some initial questions. - This will take approximately 5
minutes. - Once you begin the questions you will not be able to
finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your
- Experience in leading fast paced and highly complex
Transformation / Modernization initiatives to replace legacy
systems and moving applications to Cloud.
- Progressive experience as Software engineer in building and
- Experience leading technology teams implementing Claims
Management Systems (preferably Guidewire)
- Experience with modern technologies including but not limited
to: Java, REST/SOAP API development, Guidewire platform,
Containerization, Kafka, Spring, Redis, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Git,
AWS Cloud, CI/CD Pipeline, Splunk, AppDynamics, Grafana,
- Experience working in a highly Agile / SAFe environment and
expertise in delivering results through influencing business, third
party partners, solution, and program teams.
- Experience in PnC industryThe above description reflects the
details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of
the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of
all the work requirements that may be performed in the
job.Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing
market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market position. The salary range for this position
is: $ 106,800-192,300* (this does not include geographic
differential it may be applied based on your work
location)Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on
overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion
of the USAA Board of Directors. *Geographical Differential:
Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible
employees working in locations where market pay levels are above
the national average. - Shift premium: will be addressed on an
individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently
scheduled for non-core hours. - -Benefits: -At USAA our employees
enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial,
and emotional wellness. - These benefits include comprehensive
medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance,
parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with
paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness
programs. - Additionally, our career path planning and continuing
education assists employees with their professional goals. Please
click on the link below for more details.Relocation assistance is
Not Available for this position.
Keywords: USAA, Denton , Manager Senior, IT Application Development, Executive , Denton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!