Company: Construction Specialties
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Construction Specialties OUR COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
EMPLOYER THAT DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF AN INDIVIDUAL'S
RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY,
VETERAN'S STATUS OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY FEDERAL,
STATE OR LOCAL LAW Construction Specialties, Inc.
Founded in 1948, Construction Specialties (CS) is a specialty
building products manufacturer. CS provides solutions to building
challenges that architects, designers, building owners, facility
managers, and contractors face every day. Since inventing the first
extruded louver, CS has become a global leader in all our product
categories. Our Platform--- Solutions team in Melissa, TX designs
and fabricates a game-changing collection of steel seismic stair
solutions and modular stairs, balconies, and awnings. Join us!
We're taking building resiliency and efficient construction
practices to the next level!
CS is looking for an HR Manager to join our Platform Solutions
locations! Homebase will be a new facility in Denton, TX with our
current location of Melissa, TX as secondary. Travel is estimated
SCOPE OF THE HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER ROLE:
The HR Manager plays a key role in providing core, common and
consistent HR solutions to the employee population. This position
is responsible for the day-to-day administration and execution of
HR policies, programs and procedures. The HR Manager performs
duties at the professional level in some or all of the following
functional areas; employee/labor relations, performance management,
training & development, compliance, recruiting, employee
communications & engagement, and Benefit Administration. In this
role, the incumbent will be expected to solve problems, develop and
execute objectives under minimal direction and have the ability to
effect business goals and partner with company-wide initiatives and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE HUMAN RESOURCES
To perform this job successfully, the HR Manager must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions,
including but not necessarily limited to the following:
- Support all Talent Acquisition activities: from position
opening through candidate acceptance.
- Implement all employee onboarding and offboarding tasks.
- Lead the coordination and use of temporary employees.
- Implementation of all HR policies and procedures.
- Provide coordination and preparation of training tasks from
creation to delivery.
- General HR duties including filing of employee records and
other tasks as assigned.
- Act as Chairperson of special teams as assigned. Leads Team in
planning, implementing and team budget.
- Partner in managing employee and labor relations.
- Conduct employee investigations.
- Act as a partner in the performance management review
- Coach managers on effective management techniques.
- Ensure compliance Federal, State and Local laws, ISO 14001 and
ISO 9001 standards and CT-PAT Compliance.
- Assist employees in benefits-related concerns and
- Manage HR administrative & transactional work processes. (HRIS,
ATS and other HR systems).
- Support effective communication to include postings, memos, and
other communication channels.
- Continue to look at HR processes and procedures for continuous
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE/ EDUCATION OF THE HUMAN RESOURCES
MANAGER : (Minimum Education and/or Experience required)
- Bachelor's degree and at least three years of related
experience, OR appropriate combination of education and
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is strongly
- Bi-Lingual (English and Spanish) is strongly preferred
- Possess working knowledge of Federal & State employment laws,
EEO, wage and hour laws, FMLA, and ADA.
- Demonstrated leadership and good organizational & planning
- Strong drive for results, problem solving & conflict management
- Ability to practice a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability
to work with individuals across all levels of the
- Keeps commitments; is not afraid to establish a visible
presence and point of view, to engage and to hold others
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
and prioritize requests, while maintaining attention to
- Advanced computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in HRIS
and MS Office Suite.
HR MANAGER'S SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- none #PRFSS PM21 PRIMARY LOCATION: US-TX-Denton
TRAVEL: Yes, 5 % of the Time
EMPLOYEE TYPE: Full-Time Regular
Keywords: Construction Specialties, Denton , HR Manager, Executive , Denton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!