Sr. Manager, Food Safety and Quality Assurance
Company: Farmer Brothers
Posted on: June 13, 2022
Farmer Brothers is looking for a Sr. Manager, Food Safety &
Quality to direct and maintain compliance of all quality,
regulatory and food safety systems for owned or contracted coffee
facilities, DCs (main storage), as well as DSD Branches.
Responsible for planning and directing Food Safety and Quality
Assurance programs and initiatives within Farmer Brothers
Manufacturing locations, this position also leads customer quality
and compliance, including process and product testing to ensure
that quality and food safety standards are met in FBC facilities
and by 3rd party manufacturers.
- Create and execute training programs relative to food safety
and quality programs.
- Review quality and technical documents for accuracy and
consistency; including procedures and facility traceability.
- Approve Artwork/label system.
- Establish, monitor, and report key performance indicators for
owned facilities, contracts, and Branches/ DCs. Drive their
continuous improvement year over year.
- Drive FSQA initiatives: SQF, FS culture, MCP.
- Identify continuous improvement projects in food safety:
significant incidents, regulatory changes and raise such areas of
opportunity to VP FSQA.
- Design and manage processes for customer/consumer inquiries and
complaints about products and company facilities.
- Ensure compliance to the document management system and
review/approve policy, manuals, procedures, and work instructions
- Design and maintain FSQA and MCP system- annual review of the
process compliance for contract and co-manufactured coffee.
- Manage Food Safety Programs (includes training): Traceability,
food defense, allergen, sanitation, GMP's, pest control; etc.
- Create, implement, and maintain systems for recalls and holds
throughout Company facilities, including mock recalls.
- Complete SQF certification - recertification and
- Maintain Organic, kosher, and RFA programs.
- Ensure compliance to Customer portals and requirements
- Responsible for managing and communicating Customer
specifications and requirements, manage customer samples and
creates COA's per customer spec.
- Understand customer spec and guard compliance-including sensory
and testing of products and ensuring compliance through internal
- Support first run and contract maintenance -
- Development and compliance of Contract Manufacturing manual -
food safety, and the Quality, and ensure regulatory support as
- Development of KPI and monitoring- COA, monthly samples,
- Other duties as required.
Required Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related field required
- 10+ years of experience in the field
- Experience with troubleshooting tools and techniques
Required Skill Sets
- Meets deadlines, follows through on commitments and delivers on
- Knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software;
- general email writing and online research skills.
- Familiarity with field concepts, practices and procedures
- Demonstrates a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage across a multi-location environment.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to deal with and interpret several abstract and
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
- Able to take broad thinking around business issues and apply to
- Strives for continuous growth and improvement.
- Able to generate original, creative ideas to improve
- Self-starter that is resourceful and can work
- Readily and frequently collaborates with others.
- Collects and reviews data on a regular basis to determine
progress, anticipate needs, and make necessary adjustments.
- Establishes high standards of performance for self and
- Strong Communication skills: written, and verbal.
- Strategic and Conceptual Thinking.
- Innovation, Creativity, Entrepreneurship.
- Information Management.
- Excellent analytical skills.#a
Keywords: Farmer Brothers, Denton , Sr. Manager, Food Safety and Quality Assurance, Executive , Denton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!