Assistant General Manager, Chips 'N Ales at WinStar Casino
Company: Traditions Spirits
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Manages the employees and activities of the restaurant under the
direction of the General Manager. Ensures food and beverage
quality, cleanliness and guest satisfaction. Overall coordination
of the restaurant operations, to plan and maintain production,
budget and growth goals for the restaurant. Monitoring and
reviewing information for supplies, events or the environment, to
detect or assess problems. Providing guidance and direction to
subordinates, including setting performance standards and
monitoring performance.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND
RESPONSIBILITIES:NOTE: Traditions Spirits, Inc. - may change the
requirements of this job description at any time. These include,
but are not limited to the following:
- Communicates regularly with the General Manager the activities
of the restaurant and its employees to include written reports of
the activities at the owner's request.
- Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding
food preparation and serving, and building maintenance in dining
- Plan menus and food utilization based on anticipated number of
guests, nutritional value, palatability, popularity and costs.
- Organize and direct worker training programs, resolve personnel
problems, and evaluate employee performance in dining
- Estimate food, liquor, wine and other beverage consumption in
order to anticipate amounts to be purchased or requisitions.
- Monitor budgets and payroll records, and review financial
transactions in order to ensure that expenditures are authorized
- Investigate and resolve complaints regarding food quality,
guest service, or facility cleanliness.
- Keep records required by government agencies regarding
sanitation, and food subsidies when appropriate
- Test cooked food by tasting and smelling it in order to ensure
palatability and flavor conformity.
- Arrange for equipment maintenance and repairs, and coordinate a
variety of services such as waste removal and pest control.
- Schedule and or monitor hours and assign duties based on
business, events and specials.
- Responsible for ensuring proper rotation of sections, bars and
schedules for the employees without bias or prejudice.
- Assess staffing needs, and recruit staff using methods such as
newspaper advertisements or attendance at job fairs.
- Establish minimum standards for employee performance and guest
- Greet guests, escort them to their seats and present them with
menus and wine lists
- Maintain food and equipment inventories and keep inventory
- Monitor employee and guest activities in order to ensure liquor
regulations are obeyed
- Order and purchase equipment and supplies
- Perform some food preparation or service tasks such as cooking,
clearing tables and serving food and drinks when necessary
- Record the number, type and cost of items sold in order to
determine which items may be unpopular or less profitable.
- Schedule and receive food and beverage deliveries, checking
delivery contents in order to verify product quality and
- Schedule staff hours and assign duties
- Take dining reservations
- Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing
ingredients and cooking methods
- Maintain personal health and sanitation standards (wash hands
after using the restroom, etc.)
- Review work procedures and operational problems in order to
determine ways to improve service, performance, and/or safety.
- Address all employee issues immediately in accordance with
policyOTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:NOTE: These include, but
are not limited to the following (additional responsibilities may
be assigned as necessary):
- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and
subordinates by telephone, in written form, email or in
- Performing day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining
information files and processing paperwork.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Recruiting, interviewing, promoting and terminating
- Uniforms and/or clothing should always be "on stage
- Ensure everyone wears a safety belt when lifting objects over
- Create and support an environment of "teamwork" by helping a
fellow employee or guest, without a second thought.
- Superior attendance and punctuality
- Attendance in mandatory meetings, training, workshops, and/or
- Adhere to organization policies and proceduresREQUIRED
QUALIFICATIONS (INCLUDES EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE):
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices,
banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Expert computer skills, ability to compose and create reports,
letters, memos and procedures
- Mature judgment and professionalism in handling all
- Required knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
and systems such as managing files and records and other office
processes, procedures and terminology
- Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented
- Excellent math skills
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of InfoGenesis softwareWORKING CONDITIONS AND
- Reaches, bends, stoops, lifts, carries and pushes
- Lifts and carries, supplies and cases, weighing up to 20
- Essential hand/eye coordination
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior
restaurant/bar/casino work environment
- Noise level is moderate to high
- Moderate or high exposure to cigarette smoke when on
- Limited exposure to physical risk
- Moderate physical effort required
Keywords: Traditions Spirits, Denton , Assistant General Manager, Chips 'N Ales at WinStar Casino, Executive , Thackerville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!