Supply Chain Manager - Join us in sunny San Antonio - Relo Available
Posted on: May 23, 2023
- Directs the macro inventory planning and scheduling process according to the business plan, customer requirements, and materiel availability and forecast sales volumes.
- Provides day-to-day materials and operations management; plans production requirements, assigns manpower, authorizes overtime and controls costs
- Carries out inventory control functions including planning aggregate inventory requirements in accordance with business plan sales objectives, balancing company goals (cost, quality and delivery), participating in analysis of materiel procurement decisions, and developing inventory management data systems.
- Ensures rigorous adherence to inventory costing systems; performs valuation of incoming inventory; maintains inventory costing information in systems.
- Manages, plans and reports on the status of all inventory owned by the corporation; regularly analyzes the aging of inventory and identifies surplus materiel for disposal.
- Produces and maintains measures of performance to graphically display performance-related strengths and weaknesses and to identify improvement opportunities in materials management.
- Coordinates design and implementation of supply chain related quality systems; establishes and implements operating policies and procedures needed to achieve the corporate strategic operating goals; reviews and recommends updates to company instructions and materials management procedures.
- Coordinates and liaises with other leadership roles to ensure production standards and goals are achieved.
- Cultivates on-going relationships with outside supplier and vendor organizations.
- Manages logistics functions. Develops short- and long-range logistics strategies.
- Designs, modifies and maintains international logistics strategy for shipping materials and products to, between, and from all company locations and customers.
--- Investigates and implements new procedures and methods to reduce transportation costs.
Negotiates terms, conditions, freight rates and classifications with carriers for services and preferential rates. Audits and approves payment of freight bills.
- Sets performance goals; prepares various freight cost analyses and measures of performance to determine level of effectiveness and efficiency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
Education and Experience:
- Experience working in Defense contracting and Procurement
- Knowledge of FAR, DFAR and compliance requirements for CPSR and Small Business Goal Objectives
- Aviation related procurement experience is a plus
- Excellent coaching skills and a proven ability to create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, or related field required. Master's Degree preferred.
- A minimum of 7+ years of Supply Chain management experience preferred
- 4 +yrs. of proven leadership experience preferred.
Keywords: StandardAero, Denton , Supply Chain Manager - Join us in sunny San Antonio - Relo Available, Executive , Denton, Texas
here to apply!