Registered Nurse PACU
Company: Medical City Denton
Posted on: November 19, 2021
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Registered Nurse PACU
Medical CIty Denton
PRN (9am to 9 pm 3 days per week with rotating weekend call)
Medical City Denton is a 208 bed, full service hospital that serves
the growing population of Denton, Wise, Cooke and Montague
Counties. At Denton Regional Medical Center we feel that customer
service is an important part of every person's job and strive to
enhance community health through our service with compassion,
excellence and efficiency.
Position Summary & Responsibilities:
The Registered Nurse - RN - PACU provides nursing care in
accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of
the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities
* Assesses, plans and evaluates the nursing care needs of the
patient in the immediate post-operative or post-procedural
* Provides comfort and support for post-operative patients.
* Evaluates responses to treatments and interventions.
* Carries out physician orders.
* Anticipates case specific needs based on knowledge of procedure
and pathophysiology regarding patient and procedure.
* Manages patient's pain.
* Administers prescribed medications and monitors vital signs.
* Maintains aseptic technique and actively monitors situations
which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
* Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment
* Current licensure as an RN in TX or compact.
* Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider; ACLS and PALS
certification required within 6 months of hire.
* One year recent experience in PACU or critical care required
* Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
* Associates Degree in Nursing required.
* Specialty Certification preferred.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: Medical City Denton, Denton , Registered Nurse PACU, Healthcare , Denton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!