Clinical Nurse Coordinator-Medical
Company: Medical City Denton
Posted on: May 12, 2022
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Clinical Nurse Coordinator-Medical
Work Schedule : Full-Time Days (7a-7p)
Medical City Denton is a 208-bed, high-quality, acute care hospital
with more than 850 employees and 300 physicians. Serving the people
of North Texas, MCD is a Level III Trauma Center, a Primary Stroke
Center and an Accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center offering
advanced open-heart surgery. Magnet - recognized for nursing
Position Summary & Responsibilities:
The Clinical Nurse Coordinator, under the general supervision of
the unit's director or designee the CNC assumes responsibility for
direction and coordination of all functions in the unit on his/her
designated shifts. In collaboration with other members of the
management team, this individual is responsible for the ongoing
assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in the
unit or department.
- Is a clinical Registered Nurse who can assume care for the
patient population on the assigned unit.
- Assumes responsibility for direction and coordination of all
functions during the designated shift.
- Functions as a resource person for staff member and assists in
necessary education of individual members of the nursing
- Assumes responsibility for the overall quality of nursing care
provided when s/he is on duty
- Makes decisions regarding activities with these areas based on
Administrative Operational Standards, Nursing Administrative
Standards, Human Resource Standards, and Standards of Care for the
unit, in collaboration with other members of the management
- Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team to coordinate,
evaluate, customize, and deliver high quality, patient-, family-
and person-centered care.
- Operationalizes evidenced-based practices to enhance patent
safety and quality outcomes.
- Represents the organization positively within the community,
and participates in company-supported and other healthcare related
community/patient events and in-services.
- Will assume leadership responsibility for the management of the
unit in support of the manager/director, including direct
supervision of a portion of the unit/department staff, payroll
editing, performance reviews, coaching and developing staff,
performance management, recognition, and other duties as assigned.
Each CNC on the unit will have designated responsibilities, that
may rotate, within one or more of the following core areas:
- Quality, Safety, and Regulatory Preparedness
- Patient Experience
- Employee Engagement, Physician Satisfaction, and Culture
- Fiscal Responsibility including scheduling, overtime review,
and supply management
- Staff Development including education and competency; New
Graduate (resident) and Preceptor support We offer you an excellent
total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent
benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team
and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits
include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability,
tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and an employee
stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this
Position Requirements :
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- BSN required within 1 year. Magnet -/Pathways - Accredited
hospitals require BSN at time of hire.
- Current Texas RN license or RN compact license.
- Current BLS issued by the American Heart Association.
- Certification in specialty required within 1 year.
- Completion of charge nurse course required within one year.
- Other leadership training and activity in professional
organizations highly preferred
Experience : Two (2) years of clinical practice in the clinical
specialty of his/her unit and leadership/ management experience is
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1- option 1.
Keywords: Medical City Denton, Denton , Clinical Nurse Coordinator-Medical, Healthcare , Denton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!