Oncology Registered Nurse (RN) - Oncology
Company: Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Oncology Registered Nurse (RN)Are you looking for a rewarding
career and a tight-knit nursing team? We're looking for qualified
Registered Nurse like you to join our Texas Health family.
Work location: Texas Health Denton, 3000 N I-35 Tx, 76201
* Work environment: - Oncology/ Medical Surgical - The Registered
Nurse will be working in a 15-bed unit. The RN will be caring for
Oncology and Medical Surgical Overflow and will assume care of
assigned patients (typically 4-5 patients) - assessment, medication
administration, admit/ transfer/discharge, and chemo
administration. Most of the patients have a cancer diagnosis and
there is a lot of emotional support for the patients and their
family members from new diagnosis to end-of-life. The RN should
have previous work experience in oncology and has a passion for
caring for people with cancer. If no prior oncology experience, a
strong background in Medical Surgical is preferred.
* Work hours: Full Time - Days - 36 hr work week
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton is a 255-bed,
full-service hospital that has served North Texas and southern
Oklahoma since 1987. Hospital services include heart and vascular
care, women's services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit,
orthopedics and sports medicine, pain management, emergency
medicine, and a weight loss surgery program. As one of the largest
employers in Denton County, Texas Health Denton has more than 1,000
employees and more than 325 physicians on its medical staff
practicing in more than 45 specialties. Located 45 miles northwest
of downtown Dallas and 40 miles northeast of downtown Fort Worth,
Texas Health Denton is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by
the Society of Chest Pain Centers, a Joint Commission accredited
Primary Stroke Center and a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence.
We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our
accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
* Associate Degree in Nursing; BSN preferred; Completion of BSN
within two years of earliest start date in a Texas Health RN
* CLIAFE Must comply with CLIA regulations regarding foreign
education equivalency (if necessary)
* Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas
Board of Nursing upon hire
* BCLS - upon hire - expiration date greater than 3 months
CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training - within 60 days of
* 1 Year Experience as a clinical nurse or completion of nursing
In addition to the required qualifications, a successful RN
* Demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality, positive
interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced
* maintain a positive, customer-focused attitude toward
* possess a strong work ethic and always display a high level of
* have basic computer skills using Medical management application
Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process
* assesses the patient
* plans the care of the patient
* intervenes as appropriate
* evaluates the effectiveness of interventions
* Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures into
* Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need
* Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift, inter-hospital,
and while expediting out of hospital transfers
Why Texas Health As a Texas Health RN you'll enjoy top-notch
benefits (Eligible Full Time and Part Time employees) including
401(k) with match, paid time off, competitive health insurance
choices, healthcare and dependent care spending account options,
wellness programs to keep you and your family healthy, tuition
reimbursement, a student loan repayment program and more.
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every
day. Our inclusive, supportive, excellence-driven culture make
Texas Health a place you'll love to call home.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
* 2021 FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For--" (7th
year in a row)
* Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4
* "America's Best Employers for Diversity" list by Forbes
* A "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great
Place to Work--
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Nurse
* Unlimited access to online continuing education for professional
and career development. Plus an RN Step Program including NCAP and
a nursing certification test-prep content for specialty nurses.
* A Nursing Excellence Advisory Board to provide the framework and
methodology for funding projects to improve the quality of patient
care through nursing education, nursing research and innovations in
* A strong shared governance structure featuring unit-based
councils that empower nurses to shape their work environment.
* A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits, Job
Listings by Category, recent Awards we've won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your
questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton, Denton , Oncology Registered Nurse (RN) - Oncology, Healthcare , Denton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!