Company: Medical City Dallas
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Description SHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
SCHEDULE: Full-time Paramedic / Advance Care Technician Work
Schedule : Full Time Evenings (rotating weekends), 1pm-1am New
Hires may receive UP TO $5000 Sign-On Bonus! Location : Medical
City Dallas Hospital Our medical team consists of more than 1,200
physicians, many of whom are recognized as the world s best in
their specialties. Patients travel to Medical City from all over
the United States and more than 75 other countries for the
sophisticated treatment offered by our 400+ in-house physician
specialists. Medical City offers a full-service adult hospital and
pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency
rooms, as well as numerous outpatient clinics and diagnostic
centers. Our providers have access to state-of-the-art technology
and are pioneering new medical procedures every day to accommodate
patient needs. We operate as a 796-bed tertiary care center, and we
hope from the moment you walk through our doors, you will notice
the Medical City difference. We offer an excellent total
compensation package, including competitive salary, comprehensive
benefits and growth opportunities. Our benefits include 401k, PTO,
medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition
reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase
program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you
about this fantastic opportunity. Paramedic / Advance Care
Technician Job Summary : The Advance Care Technician will be able
to provide quality care to patients under the direction of the
Medical Director and Nurse Manager in accordance with the
philosophy, goals, and objectives of Medical City Healthcare.
Reports to the charge nurse for shift assignments and direction of
shift duties assigned. Each RN decides on a case-by-case basis what
nursing tasks may be delegated to the unlicensed personnel in
accordance with Rule 224 (relating to RN delegation in acute care
settings or for patients with acute conditions).
- Facilitates the flow of patients through the emergency care
system, ensuring timely evaluation according to the health care
needs of the patients.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills in the care of the emergency
department patient. Considers principles of emergency care while
assisting the RN to formulate an appropriate plan of care for the
- Documentation is consistent, complete, thorough and
- Patient care is administered based on Hospital and Departmental
specific standards of care and practice.
- The Paramedic involves the patient and/or significant other(s)
in the patient s care. Education/instruction are provided specific
to the patient s health care needs and age requirements.
- Administers prescribed medications to patients in accordance
with Hospital policies and practice guidelines.
- Physician orders are carried out accurately in providing direct
patient care within scope of practice. Assures that other
departments are notified of orders and services are needed.
- Notifies the Charge Nurse and/or physician of changes of
patient status as appropriate.
- Considers age-related factors/limitations in the education of
patients. Applies knowledge and principles of age-related factors
appropriately in teaching situations.
- Ensures patient s right to privacy and confidentiality.
- Assumes responsibility for the care of assigned patients.
Patient care activities are organized and prioritized.
- Contributes to the smooth functioning of the Unit by offering
help to other staff members. Assists with patient care functions
beyond those assigned within the Paramedic scope of practice.
- Provides accurate and pertinent patient information reports to
the Charge Nurse and to the oncoming shift to ensure continuity of
- Performs Unit-specific responsibilities such as cleaning of
equipment and work areas.
- Performs venipuncture, administers and maintains IV crystalloid
fluids and medications in accordance with Hospital practice
guidelines. Correctly labels, calculates and regulates the flow of
IV solutions. Documents pertinent information related to IV
therapies. Qualifications Paramedic / Advance Care Technician Job
- Paramedic Certification or Licensed Paramedic
- 1 year of 9-1-1 System or Hospital ED Experience required
- Current Texas Department of State Health Services Emergency
Medical Technician Paramedic/Licensed Paramedic
- BCLS required
- EMT-B required if hired after September 2007
- ACLS and PALS within 6 months of hire
Keywords: Medical City Dallas, Denton , Paramedic, Healthcare , Denton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!