Registered Nurse (RN) - Transitional Labor and Delivery (L&D) Unit - Transitional Care Unit
Company: Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton
Posted on: January 17, 2023
Registered Nurse (RN) - Transitional Labor and Delivery
(L&D) UnitRegistered Nurse (RN) Full-Time Nights - Transitional
(Will Train) Labor and Delivery (L&D) for Texas Health
Sign on Bonus for Eligible New Hires
Is your dream to be an L&D RN, now is your chance!
Work location: Texas Health Denton, 207 N. Bonnie Brae Street,
Denton, TX 76201
Work hours: Full-time nights, 36 hours weekly, 3-12 hours shifts,
7:00 pm - 7:00 am
Sign-on bonus for eligible RN's (eligible upon hire with a signed
2-year retention agreement)
L&D Department highlights:
* The brand new Center for Women at Texas Health Presbyterian
Hospital Denton is a Texas 10-step facility with the "Best Place to
Have a Baby" designation. Robust Unit Based Council (UBC) and
engaged leadership team
* The unit has a 12 LDR beds, 2 OR suites, 3 private recovery
rooms, 6 Antepartum rooms, 4 private OB/ED beds, and 23
* Level III NICU with 16 beds with private rooms
* The unit delivers an average between 175-200 a month.
* OB Hospitalist 24/7
* Anesthesiologist dedicated to L&D 24/7
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton is a 255-bed,
full-service hospital that has served North Texas and southern
Oklahoma since 1987. Hospital services include heart and vascular
care, women's services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit,
orthopedics and sports medicine, pain management, emergency
medicine, and a weight loss surgery program. As one of the largest
employers in Denton County, Texas Health Denton has more than 1,000
employees and more than 325 physicians on its medical staff
practicing in more than 45 specialties. Located 45 miles northwest
of downtown Dallas and 40 miles northeast of downtown Fort Worth,
Texas Health Denton is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by
the Society of Chest Pain Centers, a Joint Commission accredited
Primary Stroke Center and a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence.
We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our
accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
As part of the Texas Health family, we employ over 24,000 employees
and are among the areas top five largest employers. Come be a part
of our exceptional team as we continue to provide outstanding care
and deliver award winning results. You belong here.
Here's What You Need
* Associate Degree in Nursing required; BSN preferred
* Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas
Board of Nursing upon hire required
* BCLS - prior to providing independent patient care and maintained
* ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support within 90 Days of hire
* NRP - Essential Neonatal Resuscitation Program within 90 Days of
* NRPA-Advanced Neonatal Resuscitation Program within 90 Days of
* IFM - Intermediate Fetal Monitoring within 12 Months
* STABLE Program within 6 Months
* 1 Year Experience as a clinical nurse or completion of an RN
residency program Req
* 1 year of Labor and Delivery experience strongly preferred but
not required. Will train!
The transitional nurse program is designed for experienced RN's who
possess a minimum of 1-year RN experience, who are looking to move
specialties or service lines with a 12-month employment commitment.
The competency-based program fosters the development of critical
thinking clinical skill in the clinical environment. The
transitional nurse program provides a structured orientation that
includes fundamental specialty classes, web-based training, and
clinical time on the unit with a preceptor. Each transition RN will
receive an individualized learning plan developed by the program
manager in collaboration with the specialty area educator and
What You Will Do
Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process
* Assesses the patient
* Plans the care of the patient
* Intervenes as appropriate
* Evaluates the effectiveness of interventions
* Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures into
* Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need
* Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift, inter-hospital,
and while expediting out of hospital transfers.
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Nurse
* Benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, Paid Parental Leave,
flex spending, tuition reimbursement, Student Loan Repayment
Program as well as several other benefits.
* Delivery of high quality of patient care through nursing
education, nursing research and innovations in nursing
* Strong Unit Based Council (UBC).
* A supportive, team environment with outstanding opportunities for
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits, Job
Listings by Category, recent Awards we've won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your
questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keywords: Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton, Denton , Registered Nurse (RN) - Transitional Labor and Delivery (L&D) Unit - Transitional Care Unit, Healthcare , Denton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!