Nurse Manager of Children's Surgical Program
Company: Medical City Dallas
Posted on: May 21, 2023
Description Introduction Do you have the career opportunities as
a(an) Children Surgical Program Manager you want with your current
employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Medical
City Dallas which is part of the nation's leading provider of
healthcare services, HCA Healthcare. Benefits Medical City Dallas,
offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life,
career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services
and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits
with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto
repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and
preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only
coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want
to work as a(an) Childrens Surgical Program Manager where your
passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If
you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this
could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and
expertise! Job Summary and Qualifications
- Coordinate management across the continuum of children's
surgical care, which includes planning and implementation of
clinical protocols and practice-management guidelines, monitoring
care of in-hospital patients, and serving as a resource for
- Provide interfacility and regional professional staff
- Monitor clinical processes and outcomes and system issues
related to the quality of care provided
- Ensure compliance activities for all regulatory agencies for
the designation program.
- Develop Quality filters, audits and case reviews
- Identify trends and sentinel events and help outline remedial
actions while maintaining confidentiality
- Serve as a liaison to administration, and represent the
children's surgical program on various hospital and community
committees to enhance and foster optimal care management.
- Supervise collection, coding and developing processes for
validation and analysis of data.
- Design and oversee the data collection to facilitate
performance improvement activities, trend reports, and research
while protecting confidentiality.
- Stabilize the complex network of many disciplines that work in
concert to provide high-quality children's surgical care.
- Serve as an internal resource for staff in all departments, and
act as an extended liaison for other system entities.
- Be involved in research projects, analysis and distribution of
- Facilitate protocol design for accurate data collection,
feedback, and analysis and understand the requirements of research
- Participate in the development of children's surgical care
systems at the community, state, or national levels.
- Participate in activities and act as a leader in promoting best
practices, department specific initiatives and process improvement
as they relate to nursing and ancillary personnel
- Assist the Medical Director of Children's Surgery with Process
Improvement activities for department physicians.
- Other duties as assigned.
What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing
- BSN required
- Minimum of 2 year's experience in the care of children
undergoing surgical services is required
- Must complete a minimum of 16 hours of pediatric continuing
education per year or hours designated by the American College of
Surgeons for accreditation
- Current RN license in the State of Texas or compact
- Advanced Certification required within six months of hire or
- Current American Heart Association or American Red Cross BLS
provider. No Travel Travel Required This role requires you to be
fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal
law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved). Medical City Dallas is recognized for its advanced
medical facilities and commitment to excellence in patient care. We
are an 895+ bed tertiary care center. Our medical team consists of
more than 1,500 physicians, many are recognized as the world's best
in their specialties. Patients travel to Medical City Dallas from
all over the United States and from other countries. We offer
sophisticated treatment by our 400+ in-house physician specialists.
Medical City Dallas has a full-service adult hospital and pediatric
hospital. We have separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms,
outpatient clinics and diagnostic centers. Our providers have
access to state-of-the-art technology and are pioneering new
medical procedures to accommodate patient needs. As a part of the
Medical City network of hospitals, patients are ensured access to
leading medical experts and advanced healthcare innovations across
the network. HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the
World's Most Ethical Companies - by the Ethisphere Institute more
than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated
$3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses. "Bricks and mortar do
not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity
that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our Children Surgical Program Manager opening. We
promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will
be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply
today! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Medical City Dallas, Denton , Nurse Manager of Children's Surgical Program, Healthcare , Denton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...