Registered Nurse Oncology
Company: Medical City Dallas
Posted on: September 14, 2023
Description Introduction Are you looking for a place to deliver
excellent care patients deserve? At Medical City Dallas we support
our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an)
Registered Nurse Oncology and access programs to assist with every
stage of your career. Benefits Medical City Dallas, offers a total
rewards package that supports the health, life, career and
retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services
and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits
with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto
repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and
preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only
coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location. Are you a continuous learner? With more than
94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest
employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to
excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which
joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as
educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it
easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills.
Apply today for our Registered Nurse Oncology opening and continue
to learn! Job Summary and Qualifications What you will do in this
- You will perform comprehensive nursing assessments regarding
the health status of the patient, following standards of care and
disease specific protocols.
- You will plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans to
optimize outcomes and maximize available resources.
- You will provide direct nursing care and supervise non-licensed
nursing staff within the RN's scope of practice and in accordance
with established policies.
- You will provide education and emotional support appropriate to
age, culture, condition, and circumstance and incorporate patient /
family teaching into all aspects of nursing practice.
- You may also provide the following specialized care:
- Chemotherapy/Biotherapy administration and management,
including investigational protocols What qualifications you will
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (ASN) from Texas Board
of Nurse Examiners. Compact license is accepted. BSN required
within 24 months of hire into RN position.
- Current BLS- Healthcare Provider issued by American Heart
Association or American Red Cross is required
- Minimum of one year of experience in an acute care setting
within the last three years preferred. Oncology experience highly
- ONS Chemotherapy Biotherapy Certificate Provider must be
obtained within 1 year of employment start date
- Associate Degree Medical City Dallas is recognized for its
advanced medical facilities and commitment to excellence in patient
care. We are an 895+ bed tertiary care center. Our medical team
consists of more than 1,500 physicians, many are recognized as the
world's best in their specialties. Patients travel to Medical City
Dallas from all over the United States and from other countries. We
offer sophisticated treatment by our 400+ in-house physician
specialists. Medical City Dallas has a full-service adult hospital
and pediatric hospital. We have separate adult and pediatric
emergency rooms, outpatient clinics and diagnostic centers. Our
providers have access to state-of-the-art technology and are
pioneering new medical procedures to accommodate patient needs. As
a part of the Medical City network of hospitals, patients are
ensured access to leading medical experts and advanced healthcare
innovations across the network.HCA Healthcare has been recognized
as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere
Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare
spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of
charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated
expenses. "Good people beget good people." - Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If growth and continued learning is
important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Registered
Nurse Oncology opening. Our team will promptly review your
application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today! We are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Keywords: Medical City Dallas, Denton , Registered Nurse Oncology, Healthcare , Denton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!