The Supv Compliance is responsible for the direct supervision of
a diverse team of Compliance Officers whose primary
responsibilities are; to identify patterns of potentially
suspicious transactional activity and investigate suspected
activities as they relate to potential fraudulent transactions,
money laundering and/or terrorist financing, and to maintain
compliance with regulatory reporting timelines and accordance with
the Bank Secrecy Act/ International Regulations. The Supervisor
will be expected to analyze and review transactional activity for
trends and/or patterns. The incumbent will also be required to
provide direct management, feedback, instruction, guidance and
direction to staff, and to ensure direct report(s) are following
standards, processes, methodologies, metrics and internal controls
to support organizational objectives and mitigate risk.
* Ensures the team is operating in compliance with regulatory
laws and MoneyGram policies.
* Hires, trains, and leads a team of Compliance Analysts.
* Manages daily and weekly performance of Compliance
* Coordinates department workflow to ensure even and efficient
distribution of resources and ensures timely, cost-effective
* Develops and implements controls processes to mitigate risk,
and escalate issues appropriately.
* Implements process improvements based on feedback from the
Quality Assurance (QA) Team. Periodically reviews the staff's work
to ensure that MGI is filing certain reports and/ or producing
records within government mandated timeframes and to ensure
accuracy of work.
* Provides monthly metrics and results and trend analyses to
* Develops, enhances, and implements compliance policies and
procedures, as needed, to address regulatory or business
* Maintains a sound working knowledge of relevant anti-money
laundering laws, specific country regulations, and crimes.
* Provides and presents monthly/weekly operational metrics and
results of trend analyses to Compliance Senior Management.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* BA/BS in business, finance, law enforcement, legal studies or
related field or equivalent work experience in Financial Services,
Law Enforcement, Banking or a related area.
* MBA preferred.
* CAMS Certification preferred.
* 2 years supervisory or strong team leadership experience.
* Experience with implementing controls and process improvements
in a Fraud/AML or Financial Regulatory environment.
* Demonstrated negotiating skills that employ tact and
* Demonstrated ability to make quick, yet sound decisions, and
communicate negative and adverse messages professionally, under
* Proficient with MS Excel, Word and ability to learn database
applications; Access preferred.
* Demonstrated professional communication skills with internal
and external customers at varying levels.
* Demonstrated organization and time management skills.
* Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities in a
* Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
* Knowledge of anti-money laundering compliance requirements for
money services businesses preferred.
* In-depth knowledge of mandates, operations, and policies of
law enforcement organizations.
* Broad base of knowledge of money laundering schemes and
* Fluent /bilingual communication skills preferred.