Company: Progressive Logistics
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Capstone is a leading North American supply chain solutions
partner with more than 500 operating locations, 14,500 associates,
and 60,000 carriers. We have capabilities in freight management,
warehouse and distribution center support, last mile delivery,
supply chain analytics and optimization, and more. We are uniquely
positioned to help our customers reduce warehousing and
We are looking for a Supervisor to join our team and be part of
something great. We have an outstanding career opportunity for a
driven, successful Supervisor with 2-5 years of increasing
management responsibility in the distribution/transportation
fields. This position offers a competitive salary, bonus potential
and a benefit package after 30 days.
- Negotiation of rates with common carrier representatives
- Running site with safety and efficiency as priorities
- Writing and balancing daily bank deposits
- Creation of daily work logs and transmission of same to
- Audit of daily labor and billing reports
- Ensure customer needs are met on a daily basis.
- Document and resolve any customer service or associate issues
- Ensure all associates follow Capstone policies and work rules
including Capstone safety work rules.
- Hold weekly safety meetings and ensure associate
- Assist in managing Site and Departmental budget.
- Scheduling associate shifts based on customer
- Interview, hire, and train new associates.
- Supervise timely and accurate data entry for all services
- Complete daily closeout, including cash balancing, data upload,
and payroll record administration according to Capstone policies
and standard operating procedures.
- 2 years of supervisory / leadership experience in an industrial
- Proven experience in providing high levels of customer service
to internal and external customers.
- Ability to train, coach, and mentor warehouse associates.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and
- Strong organization and prioritizing skills. .
- Ability to simultaneously perform multiple tasks.
- Ability to solve problems and make effective decisions in a
fast paced environment.
- Ability to manage budgets; read and interpret P&L
statements; and prepare related management reports.
- Intermediate PC skills with knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook
- Ability to stand for long period of times.
- Ability to safely operate material handling equipment as
- Ability to work in warehouse environment on concrete flooring
and in varying temperatures
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Warehousing, Logistics, Supply Chain or Third Party experience
- BS/BA Degree or Associates Degree with Equivalent Experience is
a plus but no required
- Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership, and customer
- The ability to make decisions, problem solve, prioritize
assignments and direct the workforce in an ever-changing, warehouse
- Proven track record in supervision of warehouse employees
including Hiring, Training, and Termination.
- Experience with managing budgets and ability to create &
maintain various management reports.
- Intermediate computer experience, ideally with Microsoft
- Excellent aptitude in estimating rates and adding and
subtracting mentally while constantly multi-tasking.
- College degree is a plus.
This position offers a competitive salary, potential bonus and
benefit package including 401K
Capstone Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
quality through diversity. Capstone Logistics is a Drug- Free
Keywords: Progressive Logistics, Denton , Warehouse Supervisor, Other , Denton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!