Company: Sally Beauty Supply
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Sally Beauty Holdings (NYSE: SBH) is the world's largest
wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies located in
Denton Texas. A business built with a purpose to provide our
customers with access to high-quality professional beauty products
and exceptional customer service.
We are currently seeking a Buyer to join our growing team! This
person is responsible for the day to day management and development
of business processes to maximize sales and gross margin
objectives, while managing inventory objectives for specific
brands. Develops strategic objectives to ensure long-term sustained
"At Sally Beauty Holdings, we find beauty in diversity. Our
inclusivity and self-expression are what fuel our innovation and
growth. You are welcome here, and you can thrive here. We find
beauty in YOU. Join us."
- Develops the assortment strategy for the assigned category.
Works collaboratively with vendor and brand partners to maximize
first to market approach of on trend products, promotional and
pricing strategy for the assigned category placement.
- Actively partners with pricing and promotional team to ensure
optimal performance against sales and margin. Works collaboratively
with the marketing and operations team to ensure a 'customer first'
approach to the product strategy. Works collaboratively with the
planning and allocation team to ensure ideal inventory levels.
Develops and facilitates presentations to all levels of
- Analyzes and draws conclusions from multiple resources so as to
provide a concise, logical merchandising focus. Identifies and
promotes new products and trends in a timely manner to maximize
sales potential. Identifies and devises profitable exit strategies,
including vendor participation, of slow selling items, discontinued
items, package changes and poor promotional sell through.
- Creates and owns strong vendor partnerships. Negotiates with
vendors to reduce costs, increase margin, special terms, discounts,
allowances and payment dating in all appropriate
- Develops category expertise through competitive analysis and
attends vendor meetings and tradeshow presentations to identify
sales opportunities through new products, trends and competitive
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years category management experience in related field.
Consumer goods and services preferred
- Proven track record of growing categories or leading category
- Beauty experience a plus
- JDA a plus
- Strong analytical and organizational skills combined with high
- Ability to multi task with accuracy
- Leadership qualities and work ethics that dictate the standards
for the department
- Ability to communicate with and influence all levels of
- Strong negotiation skills
We offer a competitive salary and outstanding benefits package
that includes medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, paid
vacation and sick days, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and
401(k) with company match. In addition, associates of SBH may take
advantage of our in house salon with complementary services and a
varied selection of food options at our corporate campus. Also,
featured at our corporate campus, is both a Sally Beauty and
CosmoProf Professional onsite store, where associates enjoy a great
At SBH, we remain committed to protecting the health and safety
of all our customers and associates and maintain the following
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- Remote interview process
- Temperature screenings
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, or disability.
Keywords: Sally Beauty Supply, Denton , Buyer, Other , Denton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!