Recreation Coordinator- American Legion Hall Senior Center
Company: City of Denton
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Responsible for coordinating recreation programming and
providing support for programs and services. This is accomplished
by supervising temporary seasonal personnel, volunteers and
contract instructors, developing, implementing and supervising
recreation programs, promoting the activities and assisting with
facility operations. Other duties include monitoring the allocation
of resources, assisting with the budget process, providing
organizational support for the department and interfacing with
other City employees and citizens in relation to the PARD mission
and City's Core Values
Essential Functions and Other Important Duties
- Supervises temporary seasonal personnel, volunteers and
contract instructors including interviewing applicants,
coordinating training, monitoring work tasks, coaching staff,
evaluating work performance, scheduling program staff and assisting
- Develops and implements various programs and special events by
assessing the needs of citizens, negotiating class and instructor
fees, preparing program goals and cost analysis, scheduling program
dates, reserving program facilities, purchasing and maintaining
equipment and materials, and collaborates with Marketing
Administrator to promote and advertise programs to citizens.
- Assists supervisor as liaison to volunteer agencies, public
schools, universities, organizations, and agencies in establishing
and implementing specialty programs.
- Assists with addressing and resolving complaints and concerns
from the public, responding to emergencies situations, preparing
facilities for programs, rentals and special events.
- Monitors the allocation of resources by maintaining program
area supplies and equipment, evaluating and recommending budgetary
needs for program area. Position is also responsible for vendor and
instructor payment processing and budget oversight of program
- Assists with daily reconciliation reports, monthly reports, and
other routine administrative tasks.
- Acquires job specific certifications and training related to
job specific program area.
- Partakes in the development of continuous improvements and
process efficiencies and communicates recommendations that seek to
improve customer service
- May represent the facility/program supervisor in their
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED and 5 years of recreation and/or
special event experience and 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Recreation or a related field, 2 years of
recreation and/or special event experience and 1 year of
- Any combination of related education, experience,
certifications and licenses that will result in a candidate
successfully performing the essential functions of the job.
- Possesses, demonstrates, and maintains skills and knowledge to
perform job competently.
- Ability to produce quality work with accuracy and
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing
- Ability to accept responsibility for effectively managing and
resolving conflicts, confrontations, and disagreements in a
positive and constructive manner to minimize adverse impact.
- Ability to analyze problems, make objective decisions, and
execute them effectively without prompting.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in
- Ability to form and maintain effective relationships with
coworkers and customers.
- Ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance
Environmental Factors and Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Must have a valid Class "C" Driver's License and valid state
required minimum automobile liability insurance prior to employment
(must obtain Texas Class "C" driver's license and state required
minimum automobile liability insurance within 30 days of hire per
- Must pass a drug test, driver's license check, criminal history
background check, and social security number verification
- Must pass a physical examination
- Must be able to work overtime or outside of regular business
hours when requested
- Must attend and successfully complete the City's Defensive
Driving Course (DDC) as soon as possible after employment (if
required to drive City vehicle or personal vehicle for City
- Must complete CPR, AED & First Aid Certification within 6
months of employment.
- Must complete City of Denton Cash Handling course within 6
months of employment.
Keywords: City of Denton, Denton , Recreation Coordinator- American Legion Hall Senior Center, Other , Denton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!