Join Our Team!
We have a great team of friendly, talented and inspiring people
at First United. As a learning organization, we take pride in
offering exciting opportunities for employees to grow and follow
their passions. That's one of the many reasons First United has
been voted as one of the top places to work in Oklahoma since 2009!
Browse this page to find out more about the First United culture
and the many benefits of working here. Then, use our "Get Started"
section to take your first step to being a part of First
SBA Credit Relationship Manager
This position is responsible for attracting new SBA loan
customers through internal referral sources (primarily the bank's
lending staff) as well as external referral sources (i.e. business
brokers, CPA, commercial realtors, etc.). The primary role for this
position includes being a "liaison" for the internal lending staff.
That includes educating the lenders on the various SBA programs and
helping them target potential loan opportunities. This also
includes helping internal lending officers to qualify and structure
potential SBA loan opportunities.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Makes business development calls on existing and potential new
- Ability to determine SBA eligibility and help structure the
- Ability to complete a thorough summary of the loan request and
help gather the needed information to the Underwriting staff so
that a quick analysis can be done.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Provide adequate education when needed to the internal lending
staff on the various SBA programs that the bank participates
- Represents the bank in various civic and community functions
(when applicable) to enhance its image and develop new
- Promotes favorable image of the bank in all business activities
within the community.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as requested by Director of SBA.
- Completes all required compliance exams on a yearly basis.
- Adherence to all First United Policies and Procedures.
- Dresses professionally.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or related field.
- Preferably five plus years of small business lending in a bank
with a preference of those years in SBA lending.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate the advantages of the
SBA programs with prospective customers and to win the confidence
of internal banking officers who refer prospective deals.
- Sales or Marketing experience preferred.
- Good communication, sales, and public relations skills.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of the SBA lending program as
specified in the most recent Standard Operating Procedures
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem-solving, and decision
- Ability and willingness to take the lead in working the
customer through the SBA process.
- Computer and Software proficiency.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
displaying the ability to communicate clearly and informatively to
customers and lending staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with a
wide range of people.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor
to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond
to a job opening because of a disability, please email us at
HR@firstunitedbank.com for assistance.
First United Bank is an Equal opportunity employer. This company
considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or