Company: Sally Beauty Supply
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Headquartered conveniently in the thriving metropolis of Denton,
TX, Sally Beauty Holdings is the world's leader in both wholesale
and retail distribution of beauty supplies. Join us, as we invite
applications for a new Associate Buyer- Diversity. Our team is
seeking an innovative leader to help spearhead the development and
continuation of several merchandising programs focusing on
diversity and inclusion.
This individual will work with internal/external cross
functional partners to identify new brands and introduce into
buyer's assortment evaluation process that represents the Diversity
& Inclusion objectives of SBH.
"At Sally Beauty Holdings, we find beauty in diversity. Our
inclusivity and self-expression are what fuel our innovation and
growth. You are welcome here, and you can thrive here. We find
beauty in YOU. Join us."
- Cultivate Program Manager - Meet with Leadership team to align
on program objectives, timeline, and cross-functional team
- Team leads will manage/lead their area of responsibility
- Collaborate with internal teams to determine criteria to be
used to evaluate program applicants.
- Work with PR on press coverage for the program.
- Lead all efforts on program planning, management and
- Post program - work with Cultivate brands throughout their
exclusivity period to ensure the brands are "cultivated" for
- BSG MOVE Campaign - Lean in and provide support in all areas to
include community outreach, product/brand introduction to all
categories, associate education platforms, marketing liaison.
- Work with SBU teams to determine focus categories for brand
- Leverage broker partner to identify successful direct to
consumer brands and present SBH as their first brick and mortar
retail partner (i.e. First Choice, Healthtex)
- Attend beauty industry events - proactively seeking potential
- Research the market and industry trends.
- Diversity Council - Participate in Diversity Council meetings
to provide updates, initiatives, trending diversity topics, track
all merchandising related diversity initiatives vs competitive
- Bachelor's degree. Degree in Business/ Purchasing
- 2-4 years Merchandising or Planning and Allocation experience
in related field
- Consumer goods and services preferred
- Computer skills including AS 400 Operating system, Excel
Spreadsheet, Microsoft Word and Outlook e-mail
- JDA experience would be a plus
- Experience or involvement in Diversity & Inclusion programs a
- Strong analytical and organizational skills combined with high
- Ability to multi task with accuracy
- Leadership qualities and work ethics that dictate the standards
for the department.
- Ability to communicate with and influence all levels of
We offer a competitive salary and outstanding benefits package
that includes medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, paid
vacation and sick days, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and
401(k) with company match. In addition, associates of SBH may take
advantage of our in house salon with complementary services and a
varied selection of food options at our corporate campus. Also,
featured at our corporate campus, is both a Sally Beauty and
CosmoProf Professional onsite store, where associates enjoy a great
At SBH, we remain committed to protecting the health and safety
of all our customers and associates and maintain the following
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- Remote interview process
- Temperature screenings
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, or disability.
Keywords: Sally Beauty Supply, Denton , Associate Buyer-Diversity, Other , Denton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!