Join Our Team!
We have a great team of friendly, talented and inspiring people
at First United. As a learning organization, we take pride in
offering exciting opportunities for employees to grow and follow
their passions. That's one of the many reasons First United has
been voted as one of the top places to work in Oklahoma since 2009!
Browse this page to find out more about the First United culture
and the many benefits of working here. Then, use our "Get Started"
section to take your first step to being a part of First
Commercial Loan Assistant II
This position is responsible for providing exceptional service
to bank customers by providing support to the Lending group with
servicing, maintaining, and updating loan documentation and loan
files. Responsible for all customer service duties, sales, and
relationship management while reaching or exceeding established
goals. They will master First United Bank's delivery process to
develop customer relationships by performing the following
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
Maintains a significant level of knowledge and understanding of
loan documentation, credit policy and banking regulation to enable
a constant review.
Coordinates the preparation of required loan documentation;
reviews documentation for compliance with documentation
requirements; coordinates the execution of loan documents; supports
closing, booking and funding loans, collects and orders necessary
documents such as flood certifications, title work, appraisals;
organizes workflow for loan renewal; follows up with customers,
insurance agents, title company and/or attorney for missing loan
documentation as necessary.
Performs effective file maintenance to resolve exceptions or any
other documentation deficiencies along with actively managing
outstanding exception items for compliance with Credit Policy.
Works closely with Lending team to assist in collecting
financial data and customer phone/email communication to better
manage the overall relationship. Performs other customer related
services including wires, NSF accounts, and overdrafts. Maintains a
significant ability to interpret complex financial statements with
ability to translate details to appropriate business partner.
Monitors reports such as past due, paid off loans, and maturing
loan lists to assist and proactively inform Lender of potential or
pending issues along with providing support to minimize
administrative issues such as customer past dues.
Promotes an outstanding customer experience by exemplifying
prompt follow-up and proactive internal/external customer
communication, proper etiquette, and all other professional
customer service qualities to deliver an outstanding customer
Maintains a strong partnership with all ancillary departments
within the bank including Loan Operations, Retail, Treasury
Management, Loan Review, Special Assets, bank Credit Card, and
Identifies and matches customer product needs with First United
Bank products and services by interviewing customers and discussing
their financial needs including making referrals to other staff
members and departments to ensure customer needs are met.
Participates in all meetings, banks functions, and customer
appreciation/community events as requested or assigned by
Proactively resolve customer complaints, problems, or other
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESONSIBILITIES
- Maintains cleanliness in and around work station
- Recommends to supervisor possible methods to improve
- Completes all required compliance exams on a yearly basis.
- Adherence to all First United Policies and Procedures.
- Dresses professionally.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education and Work Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required. Some college is strongly
- Four to six years clerical, administrative support or general
- Prior loan experience required.
- Moderate understanding of HMDA, CRA Community Development, and
CRA Small Business Revenue inputs.
- Superior customer service skills required.
- Ability to read, write, analyze and comprehend instructions,
routine business correspondence, financial reports and/or legal
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure
manuals, general business correspondence and/or journals or
- Ability to manage problematic situations in a diplomatic
- Good problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with a
wide range of people.
- Ability to communicate well with customers by all means of
communication including written, verbal, and non-verbal
- Willingness to accept additional responsibilities.
- Dependable and adheres to time lines and schedules.
- Takes initiative in development and completion of
- Critical Thinking - requires logic and reasoning to identify
solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Behave ethically while at work or outside your work
- Active Listening - Actively looking for ways to assist
customers. Giving full attention to what other people are saying,
taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor
to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond
to a job opening because of a disability, please email us at
HR@firstunitedbank.com for assistance.
First United Bank is an Equal opportunity employer. This company
considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or