Director Industrial Engineering
Company: Sally Beauty Supply
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Headquartered conveniently in the thriving metropolis of Denton,
TX, Sally Beauty Holdings is the world's leader in both wholesale
and retail distribution of beauty supplies. Join us, as we invite
applications for a Director Industrial Engineering. Our team is
seeking an innovative leader to support various processes across
the domestic and international Distribution networks. This is a
unique opportunity to join a fiscally sound retailer who is going
through an exciting transformation!
This individual will establish engineering methods to increase
efficiency and effectiveness by optimizing the use of people,
process, and technology to achieve service excellence and
execution. Oversee and Coordinate the installation of Material
Handling and Distribution System upgrades. Oversee the activities
of any personnel on the Engineering team and various other
"At Sally Beauty Holdings, we find beauty in diversity. Our
inclusivity and self-expression are what fuel our innovation and
growth. You are welcome here, and you can thrive here. We find
beauty in YOU. Join us."
- Establish formal Engineering Methods program that can be
developed for facilities across all SBH businesses in both domestic
and international markets.
- Analyzes and develops standards, time and motion studies,
statistical analysis and manpower planning to improve productivity
and service level.
- Develop and or improve work methods, processes, ergonomic
workstation designs and documented process methods.
- Recommend methods form improving worker efficiency and reducing
waste of materials, such as reorganizing workflow, relocating
equipment, and restructuring job duties.
- Determine the most efficient sequencing of operations,
workflow, and recommend methods to maximize asset utilization of
production equipment and personnel.
- Responsible for investigating problems, generating
recommendations, and implementing solutions based on the use of
- Adjust and revitalize work standards, procedures, and layouts
as needed to reflect business changes or service enhancements.
- Direct others in the activities related to the Industrial
Engineering needs of the company.
- Special Projects as assigned for business acquisitions,
facility start-ups, international integration, and network
- BS Industrial Engineering or related degree from accredited
school, a Masters Degree in Engineering or Business is a plus
- 5-7 year's experience in high volume Distribution Center
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Experience with AutoCAD to develop facility layouts
- Ability and willingness to travel to the Distribution Centers
both Domestic and International
- Practical experience with a Warehouse Management System
including inquiry and report writing.
- Excellent oral skills including oral presentations in front of
large warehouse groups
- Written communication skills including financial and
- Good working knowledge of all classical IE techniques including
methods improvement, time and motion study, process development,
warehousing concepts, and work standard programs
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills, task
and detail oriented, ability to communicate with all levels of
organization, and work as a team player
- Plan and complete projects with minimal supervision
We offer a competitive salary and outstanding benefits package
that includes medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, paid
vacation and sick days, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement and
401(k) with company match. In addition, associates of SBH may take
advantage of our in house salon with complementary services and a
varied selection of food options at our corporate campus. Also,
featured at our corporate campus, is both a Sally Beauty and
CosmoProf Professional onsite store, where associates enjoy a great
At SBH, we remain committed to protecting the health and safety
of all our customers and associates and maintain the following
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- Remote interview process
- Temperature screenings
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, or disability.
Keywords: Sally Beauty Supply, Denton , Director Industrial Engineering, Other , Denton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!