Admissions Specialist PRN
ER Admitting Department
Texas Health Presbyterian Denton
Are you looking for a rewarding career? We're looking for
qualified Admissions Specialist like you to join our Texas Health
Presbyterian Denton family.
Work location: 3000 North I-35, Denton, TX 76201.
Work environment: Emergency Room Admitting Department - Patient
This position is located inside the Emergency Room. It is a
fast-paced environment that requires quick thinking when dealing
with emergency situations. In this role, the Admissions Specialist
will be exposed to various clinical/medical/other emergencies as
patients arrive to the ER. Most of the shift will be spent on your
feet as you register patients.
- PRN/As needed. Non-benefitted.
- Variable schedule to include, days, evenings, nights, weekends,
- Must be available to attend training/orientation initially for
1 week from Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm.
Salary range: $15.00/hour - Maximum: $22.99/hour, based on
relevant experience. PRN rate: $15.00/hour.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton is a 255-bed,
full-service hospital that has served North Texas and southern
Oklahoma since 1987. Hospital services include heart and vascular
care, women's services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit,
orthopedics and sports medicine, pain management, emergency
medicine, and a weight loss surgery program. As one of the largest
employers in Denton County, Texas Health Denton has more than 1,000
employees and more than 325 physicians on its medical staff
practicing in more than 45 specialties. Located 45 miles northwest
of downtown Dallas and 40 miles northeast of downtown Fort Worth,
Texas Health Denton is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by
the Society of Chest Pain Centers, a Joint Commission accredited
Primary Stroke Center and a Bariatric Surgery Center of
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 year of related experience required.
- Other hospital and physician office experience is helpful.
- 2-3 years of Hospital Patient Registration/Patient Admissions
experience highly preferred.
- Medical Insurance Verification and Scheduling experience
- CHAA - Certified Healthcare Access Associate upon hire
- CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training required within
60 days of hire.
Skills & Abilities:
- Requires good written, oral, and telephone communication
- Requires knowledge of general office equipment, PC's and
associated software packages.
- Ability to type 35 WPM corrected for errors preferred.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology highly preferred.
Texas Health Presbyterian Denton Admissions Specialists are
responsible for providing an excellent patient healthcare
experience at each Texas Health site, this candidate will obtain
and verify patient demographics, review insurance benefits, prepare
cost estimates, collect coins/copays, complete MSPQ as needed and
accomplish patient education, regulatory requirements and all
duties set forth in Patient Access Services. Proficient in all PAS
areas, cross trained in multiple workflows, Promise Pal onboarding
of new hires and extensive customer service.
- Accurately gathers complete financial and demographic
information to ensure medical records/billing process flows
- Obtains and/or updates verification of benefits and/or
pre-certification for applicable tests and/or procedures.
- Prepares, presents, and thoroughly explains applicable legal,
ethical, and compliance documents; ensures proper consents are
signed by the appropriate parties. Maintains documentation of the
- Maximizes reimbursement for services rendered by appropriately
identifying insurance carrier, benefits, etc. Prevents denials by
ensuring timely notification of admission to insurance
- Assists patients in understanding financial obligations;
collects co-payments, self-pay deposits, and patient balances to
reduce Accounts Receivable.
- Stays abreast of and complies with applicable regulations,
entity and/or system policies and procedures. Maintains customer
service and/or productivity guidelines set forth by applicable
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Why Texas Health: As a Texas Health Presbyterian Denton
Admissions Specialist, you will enjoy top-notch benefits including
401(k) with match, wellness programs to keep you and your family
At Texas Health Resources, our people make this a great place to
work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first,
excellence-driven culture make Texas Health Resources a great place
Here are a few of our recent awards:
- 2021 FORTUNE Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" (7th
year in a row)
- Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4
- "America's Best Employers for Diversity" list by Forbes
- A "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great
Place to Work
Additional perks of being a Texas Health Presbyterian Denton
- Gain a sense of accomplishment by contributing to a teamwork
- Positively impact patients' quality of life.
- Receive excellent mentorship, comprehensive training and
dedicated clinical and administrative leadership resources.
- Enjoy opportunities for growth.
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits,
Job Listings by Category, recent Awards we've won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your
questions to firstname.lastname@example.org