PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc
is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle,
financial, and customer service fields with internationally
recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks.
PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and
customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks
under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides
customized financial services, information technology and truck
parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of
tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international
leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can
develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Peterbilt Motors Company
On highways, construction sites, city streets, logging roads -
everywhere our customers earn their living - Peterbilt's red oval
is a familiar symbol of performance, reliability and pride.
Peterbilt has reigned as America's premium quality truck
manufacturer since the company's founding in 1939. Our dedication
to deliver products and services focused on improving customers'
performance, image, profitability and peace of mind truly makes
Peterbilt the Class of the Industry.
This position is based at Peterbilt's Division Office in Denton,
Texas, where we have been headquartered since 1992 and
manufacturing since 1980. In Denton, we have manufactured,
supported, and distributed over 600,000 trucks and over 1 million
trucks as a company. Our employees take great pride in our
products, and we are recognized as a premier employer and valued
partner in the local community.
Design engineer responsible for production support. Duties
involve engineering assistance, problem resolution, training, and
other engineering duties supporting various aspects of heavy truck
production. May design parts utilizing a CAD system applying
standard engineering techniques with a minimum of supervision and
Please note that this position could be on first or second
Here's what you will do in this role:
Apply knowledge of mechanical and/or electrical systems and
components to design and implementation of truck systems and
- Coordinates and completes projects and design efforts with
other engineering groups and departments within the Company.
- Assigns, approves, performs or delegates design modifications
- Identifies and initiates designs of a complex nature.
- Directs and conducts necessary research incidental to
- Completes design projects and manufacturing process changes
from planning, calculation and design analysis, design, testing,
evaluation and implementation necessary for successful
- Project work supports key operational goals specific to PQI and
- Travel may be required.
You're going to need this to be successful:
- Be able to handle multiple tasks and take initiative as a
- Be a team player and problem solver with professional and
effective communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Previous design experience preferred.
- Knowledge of and/or experience in heavy truck assembly, heavy
truck components and systems are preferred.
- Degree in Engineering or related field preferred
- BSME or BSEE preferred.
- CAD system experience required.
- Experience using DFSS methodology preferred.
- Be able to commit to a Monday - Friday 4:30pm - 1am shift
Why work for PACCAR/Peterbilt?
- Competitive salary, 401k with a 5% company match, AND a company
paid Pension Plan with vesting after 5 years of service
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans for you and your
- Comprehensive Paid Time Off - Vacation, Paid Holidays, and Sick
- Tuition Reimbursement for continued education - eligible after
1 year of service
- Global Fortune 500 company with a wide array of growth and
- Work alongside experienced goal-oriented colleagues recognized
as experts in their fields
- Contribute to a work culture with a long and rich history that
celebrates innovation, process improvement, diversity of people and
thought, and pride in high quality products
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veteran/Disability. Peterbilt promotes Diversity and Inclusion
through mentorship, events, and affinity support groups including
The Diversity Council, Peterbilt Women's Initiative (PBWin), The
Veterans Group, and ADVOCATE (An LGBTQ+ support group).
Nearest Major Market: Denton
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Medical, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Night,
Construction, Healthcare, Engineering, Operations