Electrical Engineer - Battery Electric Vehicle Job
Posted on: June 8, 2021
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc
is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle,
financial, and customer service fields with internationally
recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks.
PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and
customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks
under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides
customized financial services, information technology and truck
parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of
tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international
leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can
develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Peterbilt Motors Company
On highways, construction sites, city streets, logging roads -
everywhere our customers earn their living - Peterbilt's red oval
is a familiar symbol of performance, reliability and pride.
Peterbilt has reigned as America's premium quality truck
manufacturer since the company's founding in 1939. Our dedication
to deliver products and services focused on improving customers'
performance, image, profitability and peace of mind truly makes
Peterbilt the Class of the Industry.
This position is based at Peterbilt's Engineering Administration
Building next to our Manufacturing Plant in Denton, Texas, where we
have been headquartered since 1980. In Denton, we have
manufactured, supported, and distributed over 1 million trucks. Our
employees take great pride in our products. We are recognized as a
premier employer and valued partner in the local community.
This position is available for an experienced electrical
engineer designing vehicle systems. Hiring level will commensurate
with experience and skills. This position will be responsible for
the activities related to implementing the project for Battery
Electric Vehicles (BEV).
Here's what you will do in this role:
- Responsible for engineering definition, development, design,
validation, and production support.
- Duties involve engineering assistance, problem resolution,
training and other engineering duties supporting various aspects of
production, applying standard engineering techniques with degree of
supervision varying with experience.
- Identify and support definition and placement of new electronic
components, high voltage routing, and development of common
standards related to high voltage installation on PACCAR
- Implement BEV production builds and project documentation
You're going to need this to be successful:
- BS Degree required in Electrical Engineering
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, take initiative, act as a
team player, and a problem solver.
- Excellent professional interpersonal and communication skills
(verbal and written) are required.
- Strong vehicle systems background.
- High level of initiative and demonstrated problem solving
- Must be able to work with a diverse set of stakeholders (PACCAR
Divisions, Suppliers & Customers) and manage multiple tasks
- Experience with Microsoft office products.
- Experience with Pro-Engineer, Creo, Windchill, Mentor Graphics,
electrical system schematics and drawing interpretation.
- Hands on experience and manufacturing experience desired.
- Must be willing to travel, including internationally.
- Expertise with modeling complex systems with dynamic and
thermal considerations and emphasis on weight control of a
commercially viable final product.
- Ability to work with Tier 1 partner integrating high voltage DC
electric powertrain and control systems
- Understanding of High Voltage DC power systems, energy storage,
inverters, motors, cabling & routing, charging, troubleshooting,
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field is
Why work for PACCAR/Peterbilt?
- Competitive salary, 401k with a 5% match, AND a company paid
Pension Plan after 5 years of service.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans for you and your
- Comprehensive Paid Time Off - Vacation, Paid Holidays, and Sick
- Tuition Reimbursement for continued education - eligible after
1 year of service.
- Global Fortune 500 company with a wide array of growth and
- Work alongside experienced goal-oriented colleagues recognized
as experts in their fields.
Additional Job Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veteran/Disability. Peterbilt promotes Diversity and Inclusion
through mentorship, events, and affinity support groups - The
Diversity Council, Peterbilt Women's Initiative (PBWin), Veterans
Group, and ADVOCATE (An LGBTQ support group).
Nearest Major Market: Denton
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segment: Medical, Construction, Manufacturing Engineer,
Engineer, Thermal Engineering, Healthcare, Engineering
Keywords: PACCAR, Denton , Electrical Engineer - Battery Electric Vehicle Job, Other , Denton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!