Director Data Science
Company: Sally Beauty Supply
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Our Customer Analytics Department at Sally Beauty Holdings
(NYSE: SBH) is expanding and we're looking for dynamic, driven data
scientist to join our team! We're a collaborative group of
creative, data driven peers that work hard to ensure we're putting
relevant products, promotions and communication in front of our
customers and stylist communities. Do you picture yourself in a
fast-paced, energetic environment? Does advancing analytics,
personalization and modeling fuel your fire? If so, we're looking
for someone just like you for our Director Data Science.
The Director Data Science will lead and advance our data science
discipline within the Customer Analytics organization at SBH. The
Director will develop and evolve modeling, testing, personalization
and machine learning capabilities focused on the customer, digital
commerce, marketing and advertising. In addition, the Director will
partner with IT to drive the customer and marketing data strategy
"At Sally Beauty Holdings, we find beauty in diversity. Our
inclusivity and self-expression are what fuel our innovation and
growth. You are welcome here, and you can thrive here. We find
beauty in YOU. Join us."
- Design, build and implement predictive and prescriptive models
for segmentation, targeting, personalization, offer optimization,
product recommendation and retention.
- Analyze large, complex data sets to reveal underlying patterns,
correlations and trends. Set up and conduct large-scale experiments
to test hypotheses and drive business value.
- Design, build and test personalization engines using advanced
statistical and machine learning techniques. Collaborate with
Marketing and Digital leadership to prove business value.
- Advance modeling and machine learning capabilities leading to
significantly improved insights.
- Develop and lead implementation of the customer data and
AI/ML/DL roadmap. Partner with IT and external vendors to deliver
new initiatives with excellence.
- Identify new and manage existing analytics vendor relationships
- Become a highly trusted advisor and thought leader for data,
analytics techniques and insights.
- Lead, coach, develop, motivate and retain a small team of data
- 10+ years total professional work experience. 7+ years of
experience in data science with an emphasis in CRM, loyalty, web,
mobile, social and digital marketing
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative discipline such as
statistics, engineering, applied math, economics, operations
research, IT, information systems. Master's/PhD degree highly
- Previous analytics experience at an Agency or in Retail
- Experience in leveraging best practices in advanced analytics
(i.e. predictive modeling, artificial intelligence, machine
learning) to drive business outcomes
- High level of proficiency with statistical and database
concepts. Experience with a number of technologies (R, Python, SQL,
AWS, Hive, Hadoop, Spark)
- Knowledge of ad serving tools and multi-touch attribution
- Knowledge of Web Analytics tools (i.e. Google Analytics, Adobe
- Experience with visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI
- Outstanding communication skills with significant experience
working closely with executive leadership
- Experience building & managing a large analytics team, working
cross-functionally, and managing vendor relationships and
Our culture links actions to results with a Can-Do Attitude that
always puts our customers' and stylists' needs first. We work
together, acting as one and holding ourselves accountable to
deliver the best possible results. As innovators in the beauty
industry, we emphasize open communication, always seeking new
approaches and fostering professional growth. We acknowledge that
every team player makes a difference, and it is our shared vision
and positive culture that unites us.
Sally Beauty Holdings (NYSE: SBH) is the world's largest
wholesale and retail distributor of beauty supplies. Our world
headquarters is conveniently located in Denton Texas, just 5
minutes north of Lake Lewisville off of I35E.
We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package that
includes medical, dental, vision. Life insurance, paid vacation and
sick days, paid holidays, merchandise discounts, tuition
reimbursement, and 401(k) with company match.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, or disability.
Keywords: Sally Beauty Supply, Denton , Director Data Science, Other , Denton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!