Company: Safran Group
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Performs quality related activities for parts fabrication,
purchase of materials and equipment. Assures compliance to quality
standards and customer requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs inspections using the appropriate device to obtain an
accurate reading of all types of shapes including hole sizes,
radius, length, depth, angles, etc.
- Performs receiving inspections and prepares formal
- Creates and maintains First Article Inspection Reports.
- Accesses and includes all necessary materials and processes
certificates required for traceability purposes.
- Coordinates with Stakeholders as required to accurately
describe nonconforming conditions for rejected parts.
- Assists as required with part marking and packaging.
- Maintains a neat, organized work area and helps with the
general daily housekeeping of the department.
- Meets target hours and completes schedules as set by
- Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on
time to work and working full shifts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent with demonstrated
skills. One year related aircraft interior inspection experience
Employees working on programs subject to International Traffic
in Arms Regulations must qualify as a US Person which is defined as
a US Citizen, a Permanent Resident who does not work for a foreign
company/foreign government/foreign governmental agency or
organization, or a political asylee for legal compliance
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of various measuring devices such as
calipers, micrometers, depth gauges, etc.
- Familiar with Quality and inspection concepts and
- Ability to read blueprints, pack slips, invoices and other
customer supplied data.
- Ability to read measuring instruments.
- Familiar with engineering programs.
- Mathematical knowledge and ability to apply towards problem
- Ability to communicate in English (read, write and verbally
- Familiarity with AS9100 preferred.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Ability to work outside of core business hours as
- Able to climb and work on step stools and/or ladders.
- Able to lift 25 lbs. without assistance/able to lift up to 100
lbs. with assistance.
- Able to reach overhead.
- Able to work in a non-dust-free environment.
- Normal or corrected vision (required to perform exacting
- Full range of motion with both hands.
- Can work in a stooping, kneeling or standing position and in
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in
the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and
space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more
sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally
friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence,
with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and
holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership
positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and
development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of
its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best
Employers for its sector.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin
Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.
Keywords: Safran Group, Denton , Quality Inspector, Other , Denton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!