Function Development Engineer - Autonomous Vehicle
Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: September 9, 2021
Engineer - Autonomous Vehicle
A Function Development Engineer is required to play a vital
role interest in the creation of Autonomous Vehicle systems for a
leading name in the trucking industry. You will be responsible for
evaluation of customer requirements, definition of vehicle and
system level targets, defining control function architecture and
assisting with HMI requirements. If you have experience in these
areas, this company will offer you a mix of stability, challenge,
and the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technologies for an
Responsibilities of the Function Development Engineer -
- Identify and incorporate ADAS Level 2-4 technologies into
- Define system and subsystem level requirements for ADAS Level
2-4 Autonomous Vehicle functions.
- Define and analyze function architecture for identifying
- Define feature and function requirements, safety requirements,
use cases and performance requirements needed to meet safety,
functionality and reliability objectives.
- Coordinate with Product Planning and cross-functional teams to
understand and identify all customer requirements which cascade
into vehicle level functional requirements.
- Design and build concept prototypes to verify and elicit
- Document and communicate functional design and control
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive the functions
through the product development cycle to ensure seamless
- Track design concepts and vehicle functionality through design
and testing phases, and provide support for software development
and validation activities.
- Prioritization of projects to fulfill the desired launch
Qualifications of the Function
Development Engineer - Autonomous Vehicle:
- Bachelors Degree in a related engineering field, with 4+ years
of experience in vehicle technology development.
- Expdrience writing testable function requirements related to
vehicle or systems-level automotive design, development, or
- Proficient using Requirements Management and Systems
- Basic knowledge of software programming (Python, C, C++).
- Some knowledge of Matlab/Simulink.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with CAD and PLM software
(CREO / CREO View / Windchill preferred) is required.
- Strong organizational and documentation skills with the ability
to prioritize work effectively. Ability to lead projects and
- Excellent oral and written technical communication
- Creative, quality and results-driven work ethic with the
ability to learn on the fly and adapt to change.
- Knowledge of and/or experience in heavy truck components and
systems is preferred.
- Experience with a Phase Gate development process.
- Knowledge in the use of Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) tools.
- Proven ability to coordinate with a variety of groups and
- Act in a professional manner in all contacts with external and
- Demonstrate professional and successful communication skills
(verbal/written) with strong, effective interpersonal
Compensation of the Function Development Engineer -
Salary Range: $97K-$111K/year, plus bonus and benefits
- Competitive salary, 401k with a 5% match, AND a company paid
Pension Plan after 5 years of service.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans for you and your
- Comprehensive Paid Time Off – Vacation, Paid Holidays, and Sick
- Tuition Reimbursement for continued education – eligible after
1 year of service.
- Global Fortune 500 Company with a wide array of growth and
- Work alongside experienced goal-oriented colleagues recognized
as experts in their fields.
Location: Denton, TX
Overtime: May be required
Travel: As and when required (domestic and international)
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: No, US Citizen or Green Card holders only
Keywords: Gables Search Group, Denton , Function Development Engineer - Autonomous Vehicle, Other , Denton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!