Small Engine Mechanic
We are searching for a Small Engine Mechanic to
service and repair products that are brought to the store for
repair. The Mechanic promotes customer relations and satisfaction
by completing jobs on schedule or connecting with customers, in a
timely manner, to give them updates on issues such as unattainable
replacement parts and warranty issues. The Mechanic is also
responsible for sourcing parts for stock and repairs and ordering
To learn more about the job and see one of our mechanics in
action, click here to
watch a short video.
At Northern Tool & Equipment We Offer:
• A fast growing nationwide brand – over 121 locations in 22
• Competitive wages plus commission.
• Clean and organized work environment.
• Supplied tools and uniforms.
• A defined training program to support your success.
• Competitive benefits package: health, retirement, employee
assistance and more!
• Generous employee discount at all of the Kotula family of
companies – Northern Tool & Equipment, Tractorseats.com, Great
• At least one year of experience
repairing and maintaining small engines, large lawn equipment,
generators, commercial pressure washing units, mowers, tillers, and
other related equipment with a track record of success.
• The skills to clearly explain and communicate to the customer’s
satisfaction the diagnosis and repair of the machine in a
professional manner to provide a positive experience.
• Demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness, while providing a valued
quality solution to the customer.
• The ability to recognize and observe all safety and security
procedures, report potentially unsafe conditions, and use equipment
and materials properly.
• The desire to treat others with respect and contribute to
building a positive team spirit.
• The ability to understand and follow instructions and promptly
respond to direction.
• The drive to work with integrity, always upholding company
values, while operating a profitable service business.
You Might Also Have:
• Knowledge of small engine theory (2 and 4 stroke): lubrication,
cooling, ignition and fuel systems.
• Certifications in major manufacture brands like Honda, Kohler,
Briggs & Stratton, Generac, MTD, etc. Master certification is a
• Extensive experience with electrical systems, plunger driven or
axial pressure washer pumps and unloader systems, hydraulic theory,
and associated diagnostic equipment and procedures.
• Proven track record of business development – Business to
Business, Business to Consumer.
• Strong organizational and computer skills (fluent in Microsoft