Company: WinCo Foods
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Join our Winning Team today and start your ownership journey!
WinCo Foods is a rapidly growing family of over 130 grocery stores,
complete with our own distribution centers and transportation
network. We're proud to operate across 10 states west of the
Rockies with more than 20,000 employee owners.
At WinCo Foods we act like owners - because we are! We believe, as
the Low Price Grocery Leader, that we make the lives of the
communities where we operate better by giving them the best
possible prices to feed their families and by focusing on the
success, well-being and diversity of our employee owners.
Currently, WinCo is the third largest Employee-Owned company in the
United States and is #46 on the Forbes.com list of largest
privately owned companies. Did you know that WinCo has more than
500 millionaire employee-owners in our Employee Stock Ownership
Plan (ESOP)? Once eligible, you can start your journey to ownership
with an annual gift of stock equaling 20% of what you make each
year. (ESOP available at most locations and subject to vesting,
check the locations Summary Plan Description).
WinCo Foods offers the very best benefits in the industry, with low
cost, high quality medical benefits with rates as low as $35 a
month, enrollment in our ESOP after 6 months, career advancement
opportunities, paid vacation and sick leave, competitive wages,
tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, discount program - and
even voluntary benefits like Pet Insurance!
Accountable for assuring accuracy of the store price scanning
system as well as gathering and reporting competitive pricing.
Consistently provide friendly and engaging customer service to
internal and external customers. Perform related work.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
* Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank
customers. Maintain an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic
customer service with an emphasis on taking care of the customer.
Provide exceptional customer service by telephone, email, and in
person to all employees, vendors, and customers.
* Maintains store pricing accuracy and compliance within company
goals throughout the store. Verifies information with use of
provided equipment makes necessary changes to file system through
data entry, changes and/or replaces shelf tags, notifies retail
pricing personnel with discrepancies, updates status of items as
changes occur and general "trouble shooting".
* Verifies and maintains accuracy of in store coupon discounts and
* Researches and resolves pricing and information
* Performs "comp checks" by driving to competitor stores and
checking prices of other stores; enters data, writes data, reads
reports, transmits data by computer, etc.
* Makes signs and shelf tags as needed.
* Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Operating a handheld device, performing 10 key by touch, and
using computer terminals.
* Performing organizational skills.
* Demonstrating excellent verbal inter-personal communication
skills to establish and maintain a good rapport with co-workers,
Supervisors, store personnel, vendors and other customers.
* Using sound judgment and mental alertness to make and be
accountable for decisions.
* Must be dependable and demonstrate initiative.
* Consistently provide friendly and engaging customer service to
internal and external customers.
* Coordinate vendor direct store delivery (DSD) deals.
* Work varied hours primarily between the hours of 2:00 am to 4:00
pm in a 24/7 operation; including night, weekends and holidays.
* Safely and efficiently drive to local competitor stores to gather
* Demonstrate initiative and self-direction to perform a variety of
simultaneous skills (multi-tasking).
* Prioritize, delegate, direct and organize tasks while meeting
* Communicate (hearing and speech) with customers and provide
customer service while on the floor.
* Perform all tasks with integrity and extreme confidentiality.
* Reach, climb, balance, stoop and bend for the placement, removal
and adjustment of tags and signs.
* Visually read reports, computer screen, etc.
* Remember various codes and understand/perform duties related to
the scanning system.
* Climb stairs.
* Lift 10 lbs. occasionally.
* Must be 18 years of age or older.
* Perform primary duties with efficiency and accuracy.
* Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws).
* Acceptable Department of Motor Vehicles driving record.
Machines and Equipment Operated:
* Office machines (e.g., copy machine, keyboard, computer terminal,
telephone, computer printer, sign printer, Handheld Scanning
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of
work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees
must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The
responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of personnel
As WinCo Foods continues to grow, our diversity-from our variety of
perspectives and wide range of experiences-is essential to our
strategy and success. We are committed to continue to cultivate and
celebrate an inclusive environment in which all employees are
valued and respected regardless of their race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran,
or disability status.
Keywords: WinCo Foods, Denton , Pricing Clerk, Other , Denton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!