Security Officer 2 Denton
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: May 10, 2022
$2,500 Sign-On BonusJOB SUMMARYThe Security Officer 2,
consistent with state law and departmental policy, provides
customer service and a safe and secure environment for patients,
visitors, medical staff, and employees. Incumbents may be exposed
to inclement weather while patrolling assigned areas to detect any
fire or other safety hazards and deter the potential for crime.
Safeguards company assets and property from theft and criminal
mischief. Investigates all thefts, accidents, improper actions or
conduct and all offenses of a criminal nature. Promotes good public
and staff relations.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Patrols assigned areas for the presence of unauthorized persons
or potential sources of crime, and maintains clear, appropriate and
continuous radio contact with base, shift supervisor and other
officers in the field.
- Maintains general order of the local environment and intervenes
in disturbances in a calm and efficient manner guided by courtesy,
established rules and regulations.
- Responds to various public service calls, including criminal
offenses, civil process, hospital violations or customer service
oriented requests such as escorting patients, visitors, medical
staff, and employees to parking areas; providing assistance with
stalled vehicles; assisting with unlocking vehicles and responding
to parking equipment malfunctions.
- Assists Police Officers as required to maintain order; to
include assisting with arrests when requested.
- Responds without hesitation and assists with all medical
emergencies as required, within the scope of the officer's training
- Maintains secure facilities by ensuring various doors are
locked as required. Unlocks facilities upon receiving proper
- Produces complete, accurate and concise reports, to include
criminal offenses, false fire alarms, safety hazards and general
information, consistent with internal processes and as prescribed
- Handles sensitive investigations and information in a
professional manner, safeguarding confidential information obtained
through investigation or from Law Enforcement authorities.
- Controls the flow of traffic at designated at points of
interest. Issues citations for parking violations.KEY SUCCESS
- Good interpersonal and public relations skills.
- Must be able to work under stressful conditions.
- Able to balance multiple demands and respond to time
- Must have critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to communicate thoughts clearly; both verbally and
- General computer skills, including but not limited to: using
required software applications, data entry, information security,
hand held scanning and email.
- Stays current with applicable rules, regulations, policies,
laws and guidelines that impact or govern the department and
- Successfully completes the Texas Commission on Private Security
Academy Levels II and III within three months of hire date.
- Attain and maintain a minimum passing score of 80% accuracy
during firearms qualification and requalification.BENEFITSOur
competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or level -QUALIFICATIONS
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience-
- Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS within 30 days of hire.
- Commissioned Security Officer (LSO): Commissioned Security
Officer within 6 months of hire.
- Drivers License (TXDL): If moving from out of state must obtain
valid TX DL within 90 days of hire. -
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Denton , Security Officer 2 Denton, Other , Denton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!