SALES ASSOCIATE in VALLEY VIEW, TX S11585
Company: Dollar General
Location: Valley View
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Company Overview: Dollar General Corporation has been delivering
value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps
shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day. - by offering products
that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks,
health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel,
housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient
neighborhood locations. Dollar General operates more than 18,000
stores in 47 states, and we're still growing. Learn more about
Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com. Job Details: GENERAL
SUMMARY: -The Sales Associate acts as a point of contact for our
customers. The duties of the Sales Associate include assisting
customers in locating and purchasing merchandise, operating the
cash register, stocking merchandise, recovering merchandise,
cleaning the store, and performing other duties as assigned by the
Store Manager to maximize store profitability and customer
satisfaction while protecting company assets.DUTIES and ESSENTIAL
JOB FUNCTIONS: -
- Provide excellent customer service, greet and assist
- Operate cash register and scanner to itemize and total
customer's purchase, collect payment from customers and make
change, bag merchandise, and assist customers with merchandise as
- Follow company merchandise processes; unpack, stock, restock,
and rotate merchandise on shelves and build merchandise
- Clean the store, take out trash, dust and mop store floors,
clean restroom and receiving room, and help set up sidewalk
displays. Qualifications: KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of safety policies and practices.
- Ability to read and follow planogram and merchandise
- Knowledge of basic cash handling procedures.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Ability to perform cash register functions.
- Ability to stock merchandise. WORK EXPERIENCE and/or
EDUCATION:High school diploma or equivalent preferred.WORKING
- Frequent walking and standing
- Frequent bending, stooping, and kneeling to run check out
station, stock merchandise and unload trucks; which may also
require the ability to push and/or pull rolltainers for stocking
- Frequent handling of merchandise and equipment such as handheld
scanners, pricing guns, box cutters, merchandise containers,
two-wheel dollies, U-boats (six-wheel carts), and rolltainers
- Frequent and proper lifting of up to 40 pounds; occasional
lifting of up to 55 pounds
- Occasional climbing (using step ladder) up to heights of six
- Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level
- Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions -Dollar
General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Dollar General, Denton , SALES ASSOCIATE in VALLEY VIEW, TX S11585, Other , Valley View, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!