Customer Care Banker - Call Center
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Promote, market, and facilitate the overall sale of products of
the bank. Contribute to the bank's growth by the effective sale of
bank services to new and existing customers with emphasis on
courteous and professional service.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP AND SCOPE
This position reports directly to the Customer Care Manager.
This position also reports to the Head Teller when assigned to the
This position reports indirectly to the EVP of Customer
This position is classified as Non-Exempt under the FLSA.
The purpose of this position is to:
* Provide support for Active/Live Teller.
* Answer incoming calls from customers and employees to assist with
* Provide teller coverage at assigned branch(es) during peak times,
as scheduled by Head Teller and Customer Care Manager. Will report
to the Head Teller during these scheduled times.
* Provide prompt, efficient, and friendly service in processing
* Provide support to all other bank employees, including assisting
the Operations Department and assist with other Operational duties,
as directed by the Customer Care Manager or the EVP of Customer
* Follow the established policies and procedures for this position,
as directed by the manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* This position is the first point of contact for all Active/Live
Teller contacts/requests. Teller responsibilities include, but are
not limited to:
* ITM transaction memo posting
* Process commercial and consumer transactions (such as account
deposits/withdrawals, cashing checks, loan payments, etc) following
established policies, procedures and customer service standards,
using computerized platform and teller programs.
* Follow established policies and procedures (such as verifying all
transaction elements for authenticity or fraud, placing holds,
etc.), using computerized platform and teller programs when
necessary, to ensure work is completed correctly and in compliance
* Responsible for processing proof, balancing coin machines and
* Responsible for sales, cross-sales and referrals of bank products
and services, or any other sales or marketing campaigns or
initiatives, to new and existing customers to meet individual and
branch goals, and overall bank goals and objectives.
* Know procedures for and maintain compliance with banking
regulations and reporting requirements (such as BSA, Reg CC,
Privacy, CTRs, etc).
* Keep cash secure and maintain a high level of safety and security
for the bank. Maintain proper levels of cash in cash drawer.
Balance cash drawer daily. Order/sell cash as necessary. Scan and
* Respond to customer questions or problems in a quick, courteous
and friendly manner, taking advantage of any sales or referral
* Know procedures for opening/closing branch.
* Know procedures for robbery/emergency response.
* Know procedures for researching and locating outages, thereby
limiting violations of the Teller Outage Policy.
* Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
* Answer all incoming calls from customers and employees to provide
assistance or transfer the call to the appropriate individual as
* Responsible for assisting all callers in all facets of banking,
including, but not limited to balance inquiries, review of loan or
deposit account histories, inquiries about procedures, inquiries
about products and services, verifying we have current contact
information (address, phone number, email address), training
customers on the use of 24 hr. X-Press banking, online banking,
bill pay, transfers of funds, card disputes and limit increases,
issuing fee refunds when approved, processing return mail, fraud
concerns and phishing/scams, etc. Customer Care Banker is expected
to learn appropriate terminology and phrasing of responses to
customer questions or concerns to best service the customer and
promote the bank.
* Responsible for sales, cross-sales and referrals of bank products
and services to new and existing customers, and documentation of
all referral activity in the CRM.
* Responsible for inputting issues/complaints as Cases into
* Assist as needed in contacting customers regarding compromised
cards, fraud, phishing/scams, etc.
* Educate callers regarding identity fraud, phishing scams, etc.,
and that the bank will not ask for confidential information via
text, email, etc.
* Provide support and assistance with other Operations duties, as
directed by Management, including but not limited to, preparing
notices for mailing, address changes, verifying documents and
images, card production/stuffing/mailing, daily reports, etc.
* Assist with training of new employees when needed.
* Attend all meetings and complete all training required to ensure
* Comply with all applicable Federal and State regulations and
guidance associated with the performance of your job function.
* Comply with all applicable BSA/AML/OFAC policies and procedures
associated with the performance of your job function, including
participation in required training and identifications of
* Responsible for making suggestions to improve branch/departmental
operations and overall bank.
* Perform other duties and assignments within the bank at
Management's request; accept any cross-training as directed by
Management, works in other branches if needed.
EQUIPMENT USE, PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS, AND WORKING
Frequency: (R) Rarely 0-15%; (O) Occasionally (16-45%); (F)
Cash Dispensing Machine-F
Drive-thru Tubes/Commercial Lane Drawer-F
PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS
Light to Medium work-Exerting up to 50 pounds of force
occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently to lift,
carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human
Close Visual Acuity-worker is required to perform such tasks as
preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, or viewing
a computer terminal.
Worker is subject to inside environmental conditions; protection
from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature
Worker is subject to outside environmental conditions when working
with ATMs/ITMs or when traveling to branches/departments, bank
events or required bank meetings and training sessions -O
Worker is subject to local travel as required when working with
ATMs/ITMs or when traveling to branches/departments, bank events,
or required bank meetings and training sessions -O
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work
being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the
position. Employees holding this position will be required to
perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably
accommodate individuals with a disability. If you are an individual
with a disability and would like to request a reasonable
accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please
contact Recruiter at 940 686 7087. PointBank is an Equal
Opportunity Employer of minorities, women, veterans, and
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $20.00 per hour
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
* Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Denton, TX 76201: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Required)
* Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
* Call center: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: PointBank, Denton , Customer Care Banker - Call Center, Other , Denton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!