Patient Safety Attendant
Company: Medical City Denton
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you want to join an organization that
invests in you as a(an) Patient Safety Attendant? At Medical City
Denton, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300
million in programs to support our incredible team members over the
course of three years.BenefitsMedical City Denton, offers a total
rewards package that supports the health, life, career and
retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services
and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits
with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto
repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and
preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only
coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on
income.Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for
benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for a dedicated Patient Safety Attendant like you to
be a part of our team.Job Summary and QualificationsThe Patient
Safety Attendant (PSA) participates in high-quality,
patient-centered care by providing continuous observation and
monitoring for high risk patients. - In collaboration with the
patient care team, the PSA ensures the patient environment is free
of obstacles and minimizes risk of falls and accidental or
intentional self-harm. - The PSA may also assist with basic
activities of daily living.
What you will do in this role:
- Maintains a direct line of sight with patient at all times,
including while family and/or visitors are in the room.
- Accompanies patient and ensures patient safety during
transportation, testing, and procedures occurring away from the
patient's normal environment.
- Establishes a safe, risk-free patient environment by utilizing
knowledge of fall prevention protocols, infection control measures,
and self-harm prevention. Performs room assessment regularly and
after any visitations.
- Creates clear, accurate documentation on patient status and
activity during the shift.
- Performs other duties as needed when not providing direct
patient observation. Assists nursing staff with tasks such as
transporting patients, delivering equipment and supplies,
transporting specimens, delivering patient trays, answering phones,
and assisting visitors.
- Participates as an active member of the health care team and
positively promotes the rest of the team to
patients/families/caregivers and other colleagues.
- Participates in hospital or departmental performance
improvement activities, and seeks opportunities to improve
department and inter-department processes.
- Restocks non-medicinal patient room supplies as needed.
What qualifications you will need:
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of
employment start dateThis role requires you to be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or
regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved).HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for ten consecutive years
(2010-2019). In 2019, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good
people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder We are a family 270,000 dedicated
professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing
applications for our Patient Safety Attendant opening. Qualified
candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume
today to join our community of caring!We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
Keywords: Medical City Denton, Denton , Patient Safety Attendant, Other , Denton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...