Aircraft Engine Detail Inspector (Bearings)
Posted on: May 25, 2023
- Competitive wages
- Generous paid time off
- Insurance includes medical, dental and vison benefits
- Retirement wages
- Safety focused culture
- Advanced opportunities
DETAIL INSPECTOR (BEARINGS)
Performs visual and dimensional inspection on engine bearings and related components and parts to determine their condition for return to service in accordance with approved data and customer requirements. Cross trains in other complementary skills as needed to support production requirements.
- Performs visual and dimensional inspection of products being processed for repair or overhaul to verify their conformance to the approved data and customer requirements.
- Determines and documents the modification status/configuration of products being processed for repair or overhaul to verify compliance to the applicable regulatory and customer requirements.
- Ensures the products to be inspected are sufficiently clean and in acceptable condition to perform the inspections necessary to complete the work instruction.
- Determines the repairability of those products not meeting the applicable requirements.
- Records the inspection results on the appropriate inspection documentation.
- Generates an estimate on the cost of replacement parts and labor necessary to complete the applicable work instructions.
- Generates the applicable documentation for the repair of unserviceable products.
- Inspects and identifies parts in the Reduced to Spares (RTS) process.
- Performs the necessary physical inspection of parts in the Check for Acceptance (C for A) process.
- Supervises detail inspection trainees in the on-the-job training (OJT) process.
- Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
- Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
- Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills as needed to support production requirements.
- Participates in the cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements.
- Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in the proper use of precision measuring equipment.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints.
- Knowledgeable in and ability to identify and interpret conditions on products that are the result of service operation.
- Ability to use and interpret publications used in the production process (graphs, charts, schematics, blueprints).
- Working knowledge of the functions and operation of the products being inspected.
- Proficient in technical writing.
- Working knowledge of production management computer system and other related internal control systems.
- Ability to complete the Detail Inspector Training & Development Plan.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average workday.
- Regularly required to sit for prolonged periods.
- Ability to work dayshift, evening shift, or weekend shift, as required.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
Keywords: StandardAero, Denton , Aircraft Engine Detail Inspector (Bearings), Other , Denton, Texas
here to apply!