Staff - Multi-modality Technologist - $36-52 per hour
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Baylor Scott & White Health is seeking a Multi-modality
Technologist for a job in Denton, Texas.Job Description &
- Specialty: Multi-modality Technologist
- Discipline: Allied Health Professional
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- 36 hours per week
- Shift: 12 hours, nights
- Employment Type: Permanent
Shift:--Fri, Sat & Sun 7:00PM - 7:00AM
Sign-On Bonus:--$10,000--(external candidates only)
Modalities Needed: CT and X-Ray
Location:--Baylor Scott & White The Heart Hospital - Denton
The Multimodality Technologist, under general supervision of a
Radiologist, performs imaging procedures in two or more
disciplines, with a 50% focus in an advanced discipline such as CT,
MR, Nuc Med or IR, on ambulatory and hospital patients as requested
by a physician or other licensed provider for the diagnosis of
disease and injury in accordance with established protocols.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Performs high quality multimodality procedures, according to
exam protocol and in a timely manner. Maintains production and
quality of imaging procedures by following established standards
- Utilizes AIDET when communicating with patients to: identify
patient service requirements, ensure correct exam is performed on
the correct patient, and establish rapport with patients and
others. Instructs and communicates with patients and their family
regarding the test to be performed and assesses patient's ability
to tolerate exam.
- Prepares patient and area for procedure by positioning patient,
adjusting immobilization devices, moving equipment into specified
position and adjusting equipment controls to set exposure
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to safety
requirements, infection-control, drug and radiation policies,
protocols and techniques. Uses proper sterile techniques when
setting up and performing invasive multimodality procedures and
maintains hand hygiene requirements.
- Maintains equipment and work area to meet quality and
cleanliness standards. Works with engineers and physicists to
ensure optimal operational capabilities of equipment. Reports
issues to management or appropriate department. Assists in
maintaining supplies inventory.
- Ensures people are safe to enter the department by screening
them according to approved policies and procedures.
- Obtains, verifies and maintains all relevant documentation such
as requisition/chart, patient history, pregnancy status and
shielding precautions taken, consent forms, policies and
- Maintains medical imaging records in appropriate system and
according to department policies and standards for interpretation
in a timely manner.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Able to perform high quality multimodality procedures according
to exam protocol in a timely manner.
- Able to explain the procedure and put patients at
- Able to provide services in a timely, accurate, and
cost-efficient manner in compliance with established System and
regulatory standards, policies and procedures.
- Able to perform tasks exclusively without need for routine
- Able to maintain a calm and helpful attitude, even under times
of stress, and take appropriate and reasonable steps to resolve
- Able to effectively administer first aid and use emergency
- Able to ensure customer satisfaction by limiting wait times,
providing courteous service, remaining professional, reviewing
patient satisfaction scores and developing action plans when
- Demonstrates and maintains current knowledge, continued
education and skills appropriate care for the following age groups
(specific to department): newborn, pediatric, young adult, adult
- Able to serve as preceptor by providing quality training to new
team members and on new services and initiatives.
- Able to take call, if required.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or
- EDUCATION - Grad of an Accredited Program
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience
- Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS within 30 days of hire or
- Medical Radiologic Tech (MRT): Licensed by the State of Texas
Medical Board as a Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT), unless
the role is MRI and Ultrasound.
- American Reg MRI Tech (ARMRIT), ARRT-Bone Density (ARRT-BD),
ARRT-BS Breast Sonography (ARRT-BS), ARRT-CT Computed Tomography
(ARRT-CT), ARRT-M Mammography (ARRT-M), ARRT-MR Magnetic Res
Imaging (ARRT-MR), ARRT-N Nuclear Medicine Tech (ARRT-N), ARRT-R
Radiography (ARRT-R), ARRT-S Sonography (ARRT-S), ARRT-VI
Interventional Rad (ARRT-VI), Cert Nuclear Med Tech (CNMT), Reg
Diag Med Sono-Abdomen (AB) (RDMS-AB), Reg Diag Med Sono-Breast (BR)
(RDMS-BR), RDMS Fetal Echocardiograpy (RDMS-FE), Reg Diag Med
Sono-OB/GYN (OB) (RDMS-OB), RDMS-Pediatric Sonography (PS)
(RDMS-PS), Registered Vascular Tech (RVT): Certified by the
American Registry of Radiologic Technologists or the American
Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography in TWO imaging
modalities and works 50% of the time in the second modality.
Approved modalities are: ARRT-R, ARRT-CT, ARRT-CV, ARRT-M, ARRT-MR,
ARRT-N, ARRT-S, ARRT-VI, ARRT-BS, ARRT-BD, ARRT-CI, RDMS-AB,
RDMS-BR, RDMS-FE, RDMS-OB, RDMS-PS, RVT, CNMT or ARMRIT.
- ARRT-CI Cardiac-Interventional (ARRT-CI), ARRT-CV
Cardiovasc-Inter Rad (ARRT-CV): .
Recruiter: Jelisa JonesBaylor Scott and White Job ID #23006375.
Posted job title: Multimodality TechnologistAbout Baylor Scott &
White HealthAs the largest not-for-profit health system in the
state of Texas, Baylor Scott & White promotes the health and
well-being of every individual, family and community it serves. It
is committed to making quality care more accessible, convenient and
affordable through its integrated delivery network, which includes
the Baylor Scott & White Health Plan, Baylor Scott & White Research
Institute, the Baylor Scott & White Quality Alliance and its
leading digital health platform - MyBSWHealth. Through 51 hospitals
and more than 1,100 access points, including flagship academic
medical centers in Dallas, Fort Worth and Temple, the system offers
the full continuum of care, from primary to award-winning specialty
care. Founded as a Christian ministry of healing more than a
century ago, Baylor Scott & White today serves more than three
- Holiday Pay
- Continuing Education
- 401k retirement plan
- Wellness and fitness programs
- Employee assistance programs
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Benefits start day 1
- Life insurance
- Discount program
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Denton , Staff - Multi-modality Technologist - $36-52 per hour, Other , Denton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...