Denton Production Technician
Posted on: June 24, 2022
2nd and 3rd Shift Opportunities Available
Starting Rate: $17.00/hr (Must complete 3 Qualifications within
first 6 Months)
$1.00/hr Shift Differential
$2,000 Retention Bonus: $250 paid at 30 days, $250 paid at 90 days,
$500 paid at 180 days, and $1,000 at 1 year!
Contract to Hire Position!
POSITION SUMMARY: The function of this position is to be competent
at performing all functions of the production line, except mounting
.Ensures quality of product and strictly adheres to all safety
regulations wearing the appropriate PPE. Contributes to the team in
a positive way and adheres to the attendance policy.
Our company emphasizes a team approach and expects every person to
perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with
fulfilling company objectives.
It is imperative that you review these duties, skills and physical
requirements closely and that you understand that, by signing the
Job Description Acknowledgement, you are verifying that you can
perform all the duties, that have the skills and possess the
physical abilities that are necessary to perform the job as
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following:
(These duties are part of the production line rotation. Other
duties may be required and assigned to meet business
- Valve Stemmer
- Using the build schedule, select appropriate valve stem
components for wheel.
- Assemble valve stem components by hand.
- Operate Nut Runner to install valve stems (if applicable).
- Inspect machine using daily checklist.
- Use of air-operated O/H crane to lift wheels onto
- Maintain correct wheels in line-set order.
- Ensure wheels are fed to mounter in such a manner that
minimizes down time.
- Tire Flipper
- Inspect machine using daily checklist.
- Roll tire from line-set position to branding/match-mark station
at end of conveyor.
- Lay tire on conveyor, locate brand area and brand appropriate
- Record DOT number (if applicable).
- By rolling or using hoist, put tire onto conveyer.
- Measure tire pressure to 110 + 5 PSI.
- Measure concentricity to customer standards.
- May handle shortages.
- Remove assembly from conveyor after tilt table reaches vertical
position via automatic switch or by operating correct foot pedal to
activate pneumatic assist.
- Depending on operation, use hoist or roll assembly to
appropriate station, conveyer, balancer or rack.
- Monitor sequence of assembly using build sheet
- Balancer (if applicable)
- Set controls on Balancer to appropriate size and style of wheel
(Aluminum or Steel).
- Remove first tire/wheel assembly from front of conveyor (same
as catcher) and roll to balancer station.
- Check air pressure in tire, adjust if necessary.
- Secure assembly to balancer and proceed with balancing
- Locate balanced position and apply wheel weights securely with
- Remove assembly from balancer and roll into appropriate
- Label the correct line sequence number on assembly
- Mobile Equipment Operator
- Must be certified.
- Safely transport tires, wheels and assemblies through out
- Safely load and unload trucks, including racks of assemblies on
- When loading and unloading trucks, make sure truck jack is in
place and wheels are choked and dock lock is secured.
- Using build schedule verify tires, wheels and assemblies are in
- Distribute loads to appropriate location in warehouse; on
assembly line or in truck.
- Monitor and change out propane tank.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- High School diploma or GED
- Prefer at least one year of manufacturing experience in a wheel
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Ability to work OT, Holidays and different shifts, as
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Good oral and written communication ability
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Basic addition, subtraction
- Possesses the ability to analyze and resolve routine and
- Ability to read and comprehend work instructions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Approximately 90% of time is spent walking and standing on
- There is a frequent need to perform the following physical
activities: Bend, stoop squat, push, pull, reach above the
shoulders and lift up to 25 lbs on a regular basis.
WORKING ENVIROMENT: Environment temperature will vary from extreme
heat to relative cold. There is occasional exposure to solvents
oils, fumes, dust, odors and loud noise.
This description is a general statement of duties and
responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. This
description is not intended to be all inclusive and other related
duties may be assigned.
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time
of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.,About
About Howmet Aerospace
Howmet Aerospace Inc., headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania,
is a leading global provider of advanced engineered solutions for
the aerospace and transportation industries. The Company's primary
businesses focus on jet engine components, aerospace fastening
systems, and titanium structural parts necessary for
mission-critical performance and efficiency in aerospace and
defense applications, as well as forged wheels for commercial
transportation. With nearly 1,150 granted and pending patents, the
Company's differentiated technologies enable lighter, more
fuel-efficient aircraft to operate with a lower carbon footprint.
For more information, visit
,About the Team
Howmet is a global leader in forged wheels for commercial vehicles,
which are sold under the brand name Alcoa Wheels. We use
differentiated technology to provide strength and weight savings,
allowing customers to shed weight and lower fuel costs. Our wheels
are five times stronger than steel and 47% lighter with patented
Keywords: Howmet, Denton , Denton Production Technician, Professions , Denton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!