Veterans Preferred - Electrical Engineer - Autonomous Vehicle Platform
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. -An Electrical Design
Engineer (Direct Hire/Salaried/Full Time) position is available in
Denton, TX courtesy of Modis Engineering.
Salary Range: $70K to $100K (DOE)
This position will support design development of Autonomous
Vehicles. Looking for elctrical engineers with interest in
supporting design development for autonomous vehicle product power
distribution and vehicle controls design development and
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Participate in the development of an Automated Driving System
(ADS) Level 4 Autonomous Vehicle Platform (AVP) including power
distribution system, electrical architecture integration and
- Scope of work includes project definition, mature ideas through
concept development, final design development, validation planning,
testing support and launching product into production by applying
standard engineering techniques with degree of supervision varying
- Initial packaging/space claim studies of AVP
- Develop technical requirement specifications for actuators,
redundant power distribution, and other ADS related
- Design and release of electrical and electronic ADS related
components and systems for heavy duty commercial vehicles.
- Integrate ADS related electrical/electronic
features/requirements into vehicles.
- As part of a new product development team, perform the design
and development of assigned elements of wiring harnesses, routings
and guides system level schematics or other embedded electronic
- Interface with Product Planning, Marketing & Sales, and
Management to evaluate customer requirements and definition of
vehicle level targets that support launching the next generation
autonomous trucks, as well as engineering assistance, problem
resolution, training and other engineering duties supporting
various aspects of heavy truck production
- Manage engineering and project management processes to maintain
schedule, budget, and functionality.
- Complete engineering change notice documentation to manage old
and new parts and use proprietary software to issue part bid
- Plan and track validation testing of components.
- Support product launch at vehicle assembly plants.
- Ensure industry leading quality and reliability is
met/maintained/exceeded on all components.
- Provide interface documentation to wiring design, system
architect(s), and mechanical design group.
- Contribute to development of procedures and practices that
ensure quality and reliable electric/electronic systems.
Skills / Competencies
- Handles multiple tasks, takes initiative, team player,
problem-solver, professional and effective communication skills
(written and verbal).
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- Previous design experience of parts and assemblies will be
- Willing to learn and use new engineering processes and
techniques and be resourceful in solving complex technical
- Knowledge of and/or experience in heavy truck assembly, heavy
truck components and systems preferred.
- Experience developing vehicle systems a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of Word, Excel, and
- Experience using Pro-E and/or Mentor Graphics will be given
- Knowledge of DC power distribution, management, protection,
fusing, and routing systems, practices, and tools desired.
- Proficiency using Requirements Management tools, Systems
Engineering tools, Pro/E or other 3D CAD software also
- New graduate to experienced level candidates are encouraged to
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field is
If you are interested in this Electrical Design Engineer job in
Denton, TX then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities
available at Modis Engineering go to . you have questions about the
position, please contact Mike Leeson at (253)347-9305 or email
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains
how we will use your information, please navigate to
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and
Keywords: MODIS, Denton , Veterans Preferred - Electrical Engineer - Autonomous Vehicle Platform, Professions , Denton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!