Electrical Engineer I
Company: Southwire Company, LLC
Posted on: January 19, 2023
A leader in technology and innovation, Southwire Company, LLC is
one of North America's largest wire and cable producers. Southwire
and its subsidiaries manufacture building wire and cable,
metal-clad cable, portable and electronic cord products, OEM wire
products and engineered products. In addition, Southwire supplies
assembled products, contractor equipment and hand tools. We are
proud to offer competitive compensation, employee benefits, tuition
reimbursement, and unlimited growth opportunities. Our nearly seven
decades of progressive growth can be attributed to our
determination to developing innovative systems and solutions,
exercising environmental stewardship and enhancing the wellbeing of
our communities. How will you power what's possible?Southwire Job
DescriptionEngineer, Electrical IDescription of Duties and
* Troubleshoots and resolves malfunctions to machine control
systems and makes recommendations to improve efficiency or quality
* Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) and electrical
* Experience and proficiency with ladder logic/PLC programming,
Siemens and Rockwell preferred
* Develops new and modifies existing PLC and/or HMI applications,
interfaces, or embedded controls systems.
* Documents specifications, changes and operating procedures of
* Participates in set-up and commissioning of new systems or
upgrading of current systems.
* Trains effected employees on control system processes upgrade and
* Must work with vendors and contractors to complete assigned
* Must coordinate with plant management groups to complete projects
* Keep abreast of current trends and technology, and utilize this
* Knowledge of AC and DC circuitry and electrical concepts
* Versatile in ladder logic and various PLC programming languages.
Working knowledge of field control devices (motors, relays,
switches, photoeyes, etc.)
* Start to finish HMI development experience.
* Designs, develops, maintains and modifies instrumentations and
* Start to finish electrical control system hardware design
experience (control panel and field wiring).
* Competency in Electrical CAD
* Electrical controls equipment specification and procurement
* Knowledge of electrical codes (NEC)
* Ability to work independently as well as in a team
* SCADA experience is a plus
* Operations or maintenance experience is a plus
* Additional duties as assignedQualifications and Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical
* 3 plus years manufacturing or related experience.
* Working knowledge of power distribution, networks, PLC, HMI, and
drive hardware and software.
* Ability to read and create schematic drawings using AutoCAD
* Must be able to communicate effectively with Operators,
Technicians, Management and others.
* Must possess a sense of urgency and ownership when working within
* Must have strong computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft
Word and Excel.
* Requires strong analytical, excellent verbal and written skills
along with exceptional interpersonal skillsSouthwire's Diversity,
Equity and Inclusion mission is to build a culture that recognizes
and celebrates the value of diverse backgrounds, equity in
opportunity, and inclusivity in action. Want to learn more? Visit
our Diversity, Equality and Inclusion website at:
southwire.com/deiCompetenciesNimble LearningCustomer FocusPlans and
AlignsCollaboratesBalances StakeholdersAction OrientedBenefits We
- 401k Matching
- Family and Individual Insurance Packages (Health, Life, Dental,
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Long & Short-Term Disability
- Identity Theft Plans
- Retirement & Pension Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Advancement & Professional Growth opportunities
- Parental Leave
- & MoreSouthwire is an equal opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Southwire Company, LLC, Denton , Electrical Engineer I, Professions , Denton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!