Central Sterile Technician
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you have the career opportunities as
a(an) Central Sterile Technician you want with your current
employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Medical
City Denton which is part of the nation's leading provider of
healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.BenefitsMedical City Denton,
offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life,
career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want
to work as a(an) Central Sterile Technician where your passion for
creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are
dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be
your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job
Summary and QualificationsThe Central Sterile Processing Technician
performs efficient and meticulous decontamination and sterilization
of surgical instruments and equipment, and inspects and assembles
surgical instruments, equipment, trays, and packs according to
prescribed protocols and industry standards for aseptic technique.
Join our team where your commitment to service, safety and
professionalism will contribute to a positive patient
experience.What You Will Do In This Role
- You will sterilize equipment in accordance with department,
manufacturer, and OSHA standards using different agents, which may
include steam, hydrogen peroxide, peracetic acid, ethylene oxide,
- You will collect and decontaminate reusable equipment and/or
supplies and associated storage units in accordance with
department, manufacturer and OSHA standards.
- You will assemble instruments, complex instrument sets, and
other surgical items and trays/kits by selecting the appropriate
items and arranging them in the correct manner permitting effective
sterilization using existing standard operating procedures and
surgical case count sheets.
- You will maintain accurate sterilization records.
- You will assist with monitoring equipment operations and
maintaining supply area and inventory levels.
What qualifications you will need
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of
employment start date
- Certified Sterile Processing Technician (CSPT)
- National certification with International Association of
Healthcare Central Service Material Management (IAHCSMM) or The
Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD)
within 12 months of hire, required.
- Previous experience in surgical environment, preferred
- No Travel Travel RequiredThis role requires you to be fully
vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law
or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical
Companies by Ethisphere Institute for ten consecutive years
(2010-2019). In 2019, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity
that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our Central Sterile Technician opening. We promptly
review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be
contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply
today!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Denton , Central Sterile Technician, Professions , Denton, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!