Front Desk Agent
Company: Winstar World Casino & Resort
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionFUNCTION:Greets and assists with guest arrivals
and departures by handling guest check-ins and check-outs while
providing prompt and courteous service, including receiving
telephone calls, guest requests, guest reservations, fax and
ensuring complete guest satisfaction.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures complete guest satisfaction.
- Check-in and check-out of the guest.
- Complete guest registration process.
- Must be familiar with computer systems for guest reservation
- Must verify and imprint guest credit cards for
- Must be well versed in cash handling and accurately balance
- Assigns guests rooms based on preferences and
- Drives the Revenue Management process.
- Handling guest concerns in a tactful manner and achieving
- Answers questions in regards to the hotels facilities and
- Answering telephones and booking reservations.
- Answering Guest inquiries i.e. directions.
- Recommending local area restaurants, points of interest, or
needs for transportation.
- Handling guest needs.
- Maintaining cleanliness of front desk, lobby and back
- Following up with Guest check-ins, complaints, and other
- Interacting with other departments and employees to ensure a
good working relationship or for guest needs.
- Understands all Emergency procedures for incidents, accidents,
fire, safety, or criminal activity.
- Participates on the hotel Safety Committee.
- Ensures that Quality Standards and Service are maintained for
Property, Product, and People.
- Must be able to work all shifts or varying schedules to support
- Ensures Security for the hotel's customers, employees, and
- Supports established policies and procedures for WinStar World
Hotel and the hotel's brand.
- Responsible for performing "other duties" as assigned by
- Hospitality Experience preferred.
- Excellent written & verbal communication.
- Must speak, read and write English.
- Must understand and maintain confidentiality in all
- Strong analytical, problem solving & organizational
- Ability to multitask in fast paced demanding environment.
- Computer skills required.GROOMING/UNIFORMS: All employees must
maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific
uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be
explained to you as a part of the orientation process.LICENSES OR
CERTIFICATES Ability to obtain any certifications, licenses or
permits that may be required by law or company Regulations.
- Must be able to understand all operating departments including
rooms, front office, housekeeping, engineering, accounting, sales,
food and beverage for limited service hotel operations.
- Must have considerable knowledge of computer systems for guest
registration, reservations, reporting and etc.
- Must have above average financial comprehension to understand
and interpret numbers as they apply to operations in hotels.
- Must have the ability to effectively deal with internal and
external customers, some whom will require high levels of patience,
tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, and resolve conflicts.
- Must be well groomed in uniform or business attire.
- Must be trained in CPR Certification and/or First Aid Training
preferred.PHYSICAL, MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to lift and carry upwards to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, reach, kneel, twist and grip items while
working at assigned desk area.
- Manual dexterity and coordination to operate office equipment,
including 10 key adding machines, personal computers, fax machines,
and photo copiers.
- Read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Operate in mentally and physically stressful situations.
- Respond to visual and aural cues
- Work in cold & hot temperatures
- Possibly be exposed to second hand smokeSAFETY REQUIREMENTS
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing
work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or
safety. The hotel will provide the required PPE. Team members will
be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is
your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or
equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.NOTICE:
Standing, bending, stooping, and lifting weights up to and
including 25 lbs. may be required. The hospitality business
functions seven (7) days a week, twenty-four hours a day. In
addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service
atmosphere must be projected at all times.
Job Description Acknowledgment
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE POSITION DESCRIPTION INFORMATION AND
HEREBY STATE THAT I CAN PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION. ACCOMMODATIONS ARE
DETERMINED BY MANAGEMENT.
Keywords: Winstar World Casino & Resort, Denton , Front Desk Agent, Sales , Thackerville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!